1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Speaker

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 02:26 PM
sliveravenger97
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker

i just bought a 1997 dodge avenger and i have a problem with the speakers. the radio works but i just cant hear anything it has the infinity mr158403 amp in the trunk would there be something wrong my speakers or the amp. can anyone give me a good answer

Old 10-14-2007, 11:13 AM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Speaker

You need to check voltage on the amp and the remote wire to the amp Larger gauge red wire and white wire with black/silver dots... since you just got it the former owner might have had an aftermarket stereo , or disabled it ....

Old 10-15-2007, 01:12 AM
sliveravenger97
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i bought it from a used dealership. but it still have the same radio and it doesnt look like the head unit was removed. how do u take the amp out because its mounted in the trunk so would i have to go behind the back seat where the speakers are and take off the cover if so how do i get all that stuff off. also could i bypass the amp if i put in an aftermarket head unit

Old 10-15-2007, 10:41 AM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can check the voltage without removing the amp panel...just check wiring in the plugs....
Disabling the amp canbe done BUT there are 6 channels...aftermarket decks have 4 channels

Quick Reply: Speaker