1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Sound System

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 05:07 PM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound System

I need to replace my speakers. I never realized how bad it was. I need to replace the dash tweeters and the door speakers.

1. How much?
2. Is there somethin better that will not take too much time to fit.
3. The back 2 speakers should I just get a big box speaker setup(subs)are just replace those with bigger speakers.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:21 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sound System

There arethree ways to fix the tweeters
1) Replace with bose 301/501/901 home tweeters they are a direct fit drop in
http://cgi.ebay.com/BOSE-301-Series-...QQcmdZViewItem
2) buy aftermarket tweeters and cut adapter plates then cover with grills, or buy base model plugs and cut them into those
http://cgi.ebay.com/350-WATT-DOME-TW...QQcmdZViewItem
3) Go to the dealer and buy new ,or scrounge a set from the junkyard (probably bad)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dash-...spagenameZWD1V

Rear are standard 6X9's

Old 11-18-2007, 08:55 PM
dynamiteplaya3
Veteran

i have four memphis audio speakers (not dash tweeters) i just disconnected the tweeters. and those ran me close to 300 installed. They sound amazing and have very good bass for speakers. As for subs i will be getting 2 12" Memphis Audio Subwoofers here in the next week or two and i can get back to u on those.but they gave me a ballpark figure of around 500 for 2 12" with an amp and box &installation.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:47 PM
sprman9
Rookie

a sound systems cost is going to vary depending on what you are looking for. if you want loud music, then subs is a must. if you get subs, id highly recommend that tweeters arereplaced, or it is hard to hear anything from the door and back speakers with the stock amp. the amp has a crossover in it that gives you some sort of a surround sound type effect (not really sure what to call it). so your tweeters give you highs, and the6x9s will give bass and still hear highs. but the door speakersgive mids. therefore causing it somewhat hard to hear in the front. or so thats what i experienced. i believethat the door speakers are originally5 3/4s or something kinda odd. bv would know, but the 6 1/2s fit.(think the sizing is right, i bought them uite awhile ago.) im not sure what kind of music you usually listen to, but i would recommend 12" due to the versatility of them. they are loud and hit pretty quick. my set up costed about 1000$ after it is all said and done. ive got 2 12" jl audio 1v2s, a pair of pioneers 6x9s, 6 1/2" speakers in the doors, and 2 3" speakers in the tweeters spot. they didnt completely fit, but they still sound good. i think it sounds good, its got all teh components it needs, and sounds good.its all depending on a budget and what your goal for the system is.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:33 PM
dynamiteplaya3
Veteran

Just had my Memphis Audio PR12's put in today accompanied by a TMA (Total Mobile Audio) amplifier and i gotta say they are absolutely amazing. They hit REALLY hard and i am just all around impressed. Certain songs can make my car rattle. Ive already had my neighbors come over and tell me they were going to call the popo if i didnt turn it down haha. Amazing.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:20 PM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: bad venge

There are three ways to fix the tweeters
1) Replace with bose 301/501/901 home tweeters they are a direct fit drop in
http://cgi.ebay.com/BOSE-301-Series-...QQcmdZViewItem
2) buy aftermarket tweeters and cut adapter plates then cover with grills, or buy base model plugs and cut them into those
http://cgi.ebay.com/350-WATT-DOME-TW...QQcmdZViewItem
3) Go to the dealer and buy new ,or scrounge a set from the junkyard (probably bad)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dash-...spagenameZWD1V

Rear are standard 6X9's

You da F'n Man!!

Old 11-21-2007, 10:23 PM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

I really don't wanna drop no more than 5 on sound and keyless entry with remote start. Right now my 2 back speakers are the only speakers that work. I still want to get an after market cd player. I was shooting 4 the flip up screen but its so low the shift would get in the way. LOL I banged my girls hand when she was changing the station and I hit 3rd.

Dynamite that setup you have do u still have room in your drunk? And where yo pics at?

Old 11-22-2007, 01:24 PM
sprman9
Rookie

i agree with the tma statement. ive got 250 rms and it bangs good for a little amp

Old 11-22-2007, 09:24 PM
dynamiteplaya3
Veteran

Yes. there is plenty of room left in the trunk. The box that it is mounted in is a little over 2ft long. and a little over a foot width wise so there is Plenty of room left. probably enough for a large tote/box. ill try to get sum pix up but last time i tried the pics were too large so ill have to figure out how to resize them on my cam. Im running the TMA 360watt for both Subs.

Old 11-22-2007, 09:45 PM
dynamiteplaya3
Veteran

Heres a few pix of my setup.

Quick Reply: Sound System