1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Sound System

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 02:03 AM
InfiniteZero
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sound System

Well I had a custom made deck in the back, having a 94 Mustand hatchback.

The deck was put right behind the back seats and cut off the room behind the backseats and the trunk so it was kind of like a trunk normally. Installed the Infiniti Cappas in the deck and it was amazing. I could turn the radio all the way up (the radio pushing 275 watts itself) with the two 6x9s cappas with 750watt amp and it was just epic. No other words can describe it.

If you hvae a hatchback you'll most likely want a professionial to do it for you.. but otherwise you can just replace the original 6x9s and hook them up to an amp and hear the animosity that music has to offer.. even several blocks away.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:51 PM
noregrets
Rookie

Josh, what brand did you go with? I currently have a Pioneer cassette deck with the cd changer in the trunk. I was there when I bought the car. I purchased a SONY Xplode flip down cd that operates a changer, but dodge factory speakers are crap. Even the ones in my Durango are "busted." I would some SONY xplode 3 way 5 3/4" and the 3 way 6x9s. Should I run with this? I want something my stepson will enjoy when he drives it, but something I will also enjoy when I'm in it. I listen to my music load, but I like clarity.

Ang

Old 11-30-2007, 07:59 PM
dynamiteplaya3
Veteran

I have the stock mirror on the ES. is there Any way possible to tighten the Rear View Mirror is there any nut or screw or anything that tightens it up??? and also i noticed on the inside of my car the roof will vibrate too it feels like there is about an inch of space between the interior roof and the exterior part is there any way to make that not rattle around. no big deal im just OCD and hate problems lol

Old 11-30-2007, 10:04 PM
noregrets
Rookie

Dyna, I can tell you a great way to cut out that rattling. Have a sunroof put in. They'll have to secure everything when they cut it open.

Ang

Old 11-30-2007, 11:57 PM
dynamiteplaya3
Veteran

Hah the funny thing is, i do have a sunroof. but i dont have the thing that closes over the sunroof (sunroof cover or w.e its called) so im thinkin i might b able to shove sumthin back there like a small folded up blanket or sumthing so when it rattles its hittin the blanket and cuttin down on the rattling.. Think it'll work?

Old 12-01-2007, 05:54 PM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

Yeah I get that rattling too and thats just when im warming up my car. The balnket will work if you don't want to open it. If you have a torx bit screwdriver you can take out the 6 screws on each side of the roof pull off the glass and put in your insulation that way.

Old 12-01-2007, 06:26 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try TIGHTENNING Those 6 bolts FIRST .... Those get loose and cause the sunroof to raise up and rattle ....

Old 12-01-2007, 10:13 PM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: bad venge

Try TIGHTENNING Those 6 bolts FIRST .... Those get loose and cause the sunroof to raise up and rattle ....

Its not the glass its the cover. Already pulled my glass when I had to reseal it due to leaks.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:33 AM
dynamiteplaya3
Veteran

ok this has to do with the sunroof deal. When i bought the car off of the previous owner, the sunroof was broken.. some part on one side of the sunroof broke off and was causing it from sealing correctly. so he took it to a mechanic and the mechanic just temporarily fixed it by sealing it back up. But he could not use the sunroof or it wouldnt seal right again. so me and my dad were messing around with it one day and we got it to open and close fine but the back right side of the sunroof will literally with little finger strength pop out... should this be possible or not. and i notice if i shut my passenger door hard the sunroof will rattle and sometimes the back end will pop out as well.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:48 AM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try tightening the bolts ... Mine works loose and the sunroof will raise and lower with music , or slamming the door

Quick Reply: Sound System