1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Avenger Issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 05:10 PM
Tempered
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Avenger Issue

Its not the brakes at all. I am saying from a stop it putters. As well as Idling rough. It RARELY does it. Sometimes I go a whole day without it happening. It is a new problem, about a week since it started to do this. It doesnt do it long enough for me to get to autozone so we can scan it. And for some reason it does not remember the code. Like its a problem that is just starting to occur. Just wondering what it could be. Maybe one of my fuel injectors is on its way out. I have no idea..

Old 11-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Tempered

I had an Experienced Mechanic with me when it was happening and he is even baffled. His exact words were "F***in Mitsubishi"

Old 11-26-2007, 05:38 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IAC or EGR are likely but I hate to blindly try parts ...

Old 11-26-2007, 07:17 PM
Tempered

I have the IAC, I will probably try that. If that doesnt work, I will just try driving it until whatever is wrong sticks around.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:07 AM
slowta

I didn't mean the brakes at all, the vacuum line that runs to your brake booster, or any of the other vacuumlines.In cold weather they leak if they are old and dryrotting and its beenturning colder in the last week??? and as for your idle is that with foot on brake or off? you stop with them on and you take your foot off to go. Is it a hot or cold engine, any-time meaning if the engine runs with an hour orso, is the problemdoing on the startup side or after being run long. And if you think brake don't affect idle, put the car in park and pumping the brakes repeatly and watch the tach move

Old 11-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Tempered

The idle is in park, neutral, and drive with or without the brake, and it hasnt happened since I changed my battery. Hoping that fixed it.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:49 PM
InfiniteZero
Rookie

I've been having a similiar problem, but no Check Engine Light comes on. In neutral is idles pretty decently.. very minimal vibration, but in drive it's pretty noticable in the steering wheel even at a stop and a slight ticking noise can be heard from the engine that doesn't sound normal. Any ideas what this could be?

Old 11-27-2007, 10:03 PM
Tempered

I was told also I may need new fuel injectors soon. As mine are ticking loudly. I am going to try some fuel injector cleaner and then new fuel injectors.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:34 PM
noregrets
Rookie

Temp, don't use an additive. If you are going to keep the vehicle, spend the extra money and have them professionally cleaned. If I remember correctly it's around $100.

Ang

Quick Reply: Avenger Issue