1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

transmission issues please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 10:18 PM
BuckNut09
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission issues please help!!

Ok now heres the problem i have a 98' avenger automic 2.5L V6 and i have been having some tranny issues off and on. What happens is sometimes when im driving around usually when my car has just been started it will be in drive and ill give it gas but instead of it moving it acts as though its in neutral and the rpms shoot up to around 3000 or so and the car jolts into gear.....i have changed the tranny filter and fluid recently and put new fluid in, however i did it at my own garage hoping to save a few bucks and didnt get it flushed completely at a shop which i think now might have been a not so good idea, but any ways i was wondering what my problem might be and how to go about solving it without having to get a new or used tranny because that just really isnt an option or in my budget i should say

---also how much would a tranny flush cost and where would be a good place to go?

Old 12-05-2007, 10:46 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: transmission issues please help!!

You maywant to have the transmission ck'edfor codes, sound like you lost pump pressure. ck the fluid level, could be low.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:12 AM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depending on the vehicle we charged $100 on up. The flush are not hard to do with the right machine but its the fliud that cost the most. I think we flagged .3 hours for the job

Old 12-06-2007, 04:49 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like the torque convertor screwing up , but it's hard to tell by your description ...

Quick Reply: transmission issues please help!!