1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

95 avenger has bad gas mileage, clicks, and rear speakers dont work...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 03:29 PM
TheZephire
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 95 avenger has bad gas mileage, clicks, and rear speackers dont work...

i have a buddy that will help me. he wants to know if i can just connect the input and output of the amp in the back, splice them together, and then run my tweeters off my front.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:02 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 95 avenger has bad gas mileage, clicks, and rear speackers dont work...

You REALLY need to read my posts ...
YES you can jumper them in the rear , BUT you must be sure the head unit can handle the lowered impedance since the Infinity speakers are 2 ohm running them in parrallel is a 1 ohm load and can and will damage your headunit if it is not capable of a 1 ohm load

Old 12-11-2007, 09:53 PM
TheZephire
Rookie

ok, so i did it today, i just spliced the input and output together from the amp and it works, and now wonder one thing, i know you have probly explained this, im trying i really am, but the doors work, the rears work, and the tweeters not so much, i know that i need to run them off the front speakers, how would i do it, specifically, what do i connect them to.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:40 AM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

There are three ways to do it ...
1)Rewire at the rear off the amp ....
2)run new wires fropm the rear to the tweets
3)Rewire at the front kick panel... Drop New wires down to the kick panel from the tweets

Old 12-12-2007, 11:29 AM
mfre1111
Default RE: 95 avenger has bad gas mileage, clicks, and rear speakers don't work...

On the speakers in the rear. Check to see if the speakers are blown first.I would get me a 9 volt battery and a piece of speaker wire. (speaker wiresare 2 wires in one)Disconnect the existing speaker wires. Connect the speaker wires to the positive and negative on the rear speaker (check each speaker individually) once you have the wires connected, take the battery and touch one wire to the positive and the other one to the negative on the battery (you can just hold them against the battery by hand, you don't need to get a connector for the 9 volt). You should hear a click in the speaker and if you watch the speaker it will move either in or out. (Use a good battery!) If you don't hear a click,then the speakeris blown. This will not hurt the speakers! Not enough voltage. This is also a good way to find out the polarity of the speaker. if the speaker is moving out when it is touched to the battery, then the wire that is going to the positive on the battery is the positive. If it is moving in when touched, then the wire that is going to the negative is the positive. It sounds to me like someone attempted to hook something up and something blew, but I would check the speakers first, because if the amp blew an output on it, then it could have put too much voltage through to the speakers and wham. Blown speaker. So even if you do put a new head unit or amp in, you still wont get anything. And yes you can blow just the front or the back individually. Or right and left,or just one output, because the amp and head unit both have a output chip (output transistor) for each speaker. good luck

Old 12-12-2007, 12:14 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: 95 avenger has bad gas mileage, clicks, and rear speakers don't work...

I always use my drill battery to test you can hear the audible click ....

Old 12-12-2007, 09:40 PM
TheZephire
Rookie

yea, it works now, what i did is i found that there are doubles of some wires, the doubles are to the tweets, instead of running the tweets to the back wires ( red/yellow to red/yellow ) i ran it to the front speakers. so i have the front tweets running off the front speakers, but i wired them from the back, they work perfectly. but what i have noticed is that my cd player face plate dims when the HU is on and a note hits hard not much, but noticable . haha, i guess i should expect that since i am running streight off the HU. im going to put a better HU in that pushes 400 instead of the 200...

Old 12-12-2007, 10:04 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

I've said it before IF the head unit can't handle the lowered impedance it CAN blow up the head unit ... Dimming is a sign ...

Old 12-12-2007, 10:31 PM
TheZephire
Rookie

OF IT BLOWING? it seems more like a i dont have enough power to run all my speakers at full blast, it worls fine at lower volumes.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:44 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

The power supply is trying to supply current to the over taxed amp causing dimmming

Quick Reply: 95 avenger has bad gas mileage, clicks, and rear speakers dont work...