1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Losing Gas

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 10:26 AM
aveng_95
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Losing Gas

At fill up time when the fuel guage takes a long time to rise is not a problem. If your guage was to read the level of fuel at the same time fuel was added then when ever your car is in motion the fuel guage would bounce. This is the way these guages are designed. For the moment just forget the fuel guage and fill your tanks. Write down the mileage at fill up time, set your trip meter to 0 then drive the car for car for 2 to 3 hundred miles and refill the tank again ( this is when you do your math ). A bad MAP sensor will fool the car into thinking it is operating high up in the mountians. A funky fuel float will fool the driver as to the true amount of fuel in his fuel tank.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:09 PM
dynamiteplaya3
Veteran

well the prob is... im 17, Working only 2-3 days a week so i really dont have enough cash to fill it up [:@]i can only spare $20 bucks here and there to put in for gas and i no if i fill my tank up to much i tend to have more of a lead foot knowing im not gonna run outa gas any time soon so i like to keep the tank below a half... to try and save sum gas... but im kinda leanin towards the Float because that just sounds like the prob.. idk ill prolly take it into a mechanic or sumthin have them look at it and c what they think.. if it is a fuel float is that a cheap fix or nottt.???

Old 05-01-2008, 09:10 PM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

You can fix it yourself just buy the part. Its like changing the fuel filter but easier.

I am also having a problem with my gas gauge takes too long to rise after filling the tank, goes way above the full notch and way below the empty notch before the gas light comes on. I think the sensors just old.

Quick Reply: Losing Gas