1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Check engine light has come on =/

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 06:48 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK I never had a 95/96 just typing what I know .............. I know neither of my readers work I had to take it to Autozone and they had an adapter , I don't know where to get one...
I've only worked on a handful from locals to this and other avenger boards ....
ARE you doing the keydance as I wrote above IN UNDER 5 SECONDS!!!!

I already answered the tranny question READ all the posts you've made and I've answered I don't like having to repeat myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-09-2010, 02:07 AM
jonthee
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The keydance doesnt work, I have tried in an hour now with it =(

Im gonna try with the OBD2, since there is a OBD2 connector something might work.

Sorry for asking the same questions, I've been working on my fathers car aswell and there we recentrly changed the motoroil. I guess I mixed some things up =/

Old 07-11-2010, 04:09 AM
jonthee
Rookie

Hi again!

I have done the keydance many times but it doesnt work, the light bulb itself works but just shuts down when ending on the "ON" position.

Gonna change oil and filter in the tranny today =)

Really annoying when the CEL is on.

Last edited by jonthee; 04-15-2014 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:27 PM
jonthee
Rookie

Hi again!

As I have said before in another thread I have located the error with the CEL light, and in the laptop it said P0160 and P0161, which mean O2 circuit and O2 heater or something.

How will I fix this, which sensor might it be?

I know there are 4 sensors, one in the intake manifold, a little below it, and then there is one between the extractor and the catalytic converter, and then at last I can see two sensors at the catalytic converter or "something like that".

Which do you think is broken? I have one sensor which I ordered from ebay, but I dont know which one I shall switch?

I have tried to get the one loose between the extractor and the catalytic converter, but the tool just splattered and I've got the iron in my head, hehe =D

I appreciate every answer since I have no clue which one it is?! =)

I believe my bad idle in stoplights is because of the O2 sensor, to explain it more properly:

When I start the car it idles fine at 800, but then it drops to 500 rpm in "Park", and when I put in "Drive" it drops to 300-400 rpm, it is fine and I can drive away with no issues, but when I come to a stoplight and have to brake and eventually come to a complete "stop" or drives slow, the idle rises a bit to 800 and the drops to 200-300 rpm, which causes the tranny to shift hard just that moment, which isnt so much fun =(

Any help is appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by jonthee; 04-15-2014 at 02:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Check engine light has come on =/