1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

97 2.5, two codes, won't start.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 10:25 PM
Goose
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 2.5, two codes, won't start.

My car died right in the middle of a drive. No stuttering, the engine just shut off. After getting it towed home, I took out the back seat, and can hear the fuel pump kick on and off. When I try to start it, it just turns over, and acts like its getting no fuel at all. I’ve got two codes; P0134( had this one for over 2 years) and just got P0455. I nearly ran out of gas the day it died. Filled up maybe 2 hours before it died. Haven’t had a chance to do a spark test yet. Other than that, I’m stumped. Random sensor? 205,000 miles, and the timing belt has never been changed to the best of my knowledge. Could it be that? Totally stumped here.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:19 PM
AvengedBoy

might also be your coil-pack on your distributor that's dust, that's what happened to mine ,they are god awful for it

best bet is to check it out

Old 10-21-2010, 08:26 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check for spark , No Spark could be the ASD relay causing the shutdown

Old 10-22-2010, 09:47 AM
venge

if it was your timing belt, you would know. it makes a horrible sound, and it probably wouldn't turn over anymore. So not that

Old 11-01-2010, 07:59 AM
veng'es98

Crank sensor maybe, easy fix, i got mine in what seems like the same condition. Would crank all day and no start, replaced the distibutor, changed plugs & wires, new oil, fuel pump was good but NO start, learned about the crank sensor, 2 bucks later at the junkyard and fired RIGHT up, no issues since.

Quick Reply: 97 2.5, two codes, won't start.