1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Mavman is back with more tranny probs......

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 10:40 PM
Mavman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dun Dun Dun.....

OK apparently I found my login info and have my regular account back now.

So update time:

1. I got my car back Monday May 9th......Yep that was yesterday so they had my car for........ 5 months and 11 days. Go transmission shop.....

2. After inspecting my car I have found that...... My bumper is permanently rounded in from people leaning on the front bumper..... The front bumper needs repainted since it has spider-webbed the paint completely across the main area..... My brand new headlights have both been abrased so now they have rub spots from them not using cloths to cover the car when working on it (These are brand new custom headlights and have only seen around 5000 miles)..... My steering wheel is messed up as the steering wheel has had something rubbed on it and messed up the finish which was almost perfect except for some finish rubbing off where the airbag cover is......... and finding a thong in my car......

My GF doesnt wear thongs so I would like to know who that is from.....

3. They did not give me any warranty or even the rest of the original warranty..... After driving the car I have noticed that my speedometer reads 26mph when my overdrive kicks in and normally the overdrive kicked in around 40 - 42 mph...... The car has stalled twice in the past 2 times I have turned it on to go someplace or when I am driving.....

So main issues.... How would my speedometer be off around 15mph???

Have you ever heard of this or have any ideas how it would be off???

What would cause my car to stall both when idling and driving???

How would a thong get in my car if I dont know who it belongs to???
And yes I really do want to hear your ideas about that....

Any other input is welcome as well whether it be about the headlights or bumper or steering wheel or wanting pics to show damage. Just let me know guys.

Thanks in advance...

Old 05-11-2011, 03:59 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spiderwebbing is excessive flexing likely they didn't care or leaned too hard and flexed it too much ... same with the headlights

since they had it for sooooo long the tech was driving it and took his girl freind out in your car and got laid ...Also had grease on his hands and used solvent to get it off the wheel

speedo being off is possibly a bad output speed sensor and or the speedo cluster

Old 05-12-2011, 01:56 AM
Mavman
Professional

I am gonna be highly ticked if the speedo is off because of the output speed sensor because I changed both the input and output speed sensors last june or so and they were supposed to use MY sensors off the original transmission

Old 05-14-2011, 03:35 AM
agent00kevin

Originally Posted by 22DODGE22
I can't believe you've got 100+ shot of NOS going into one of these transmissions and no failures. My Stratus trans failed in bone stock configuration and no power adders and no beating.

Stock tranny is rated for 250hp :/

Old 05-14-2011, 10:55 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd never attempt 250 on a stock tranny ... you need a minimum of a tranny cooler

Quick Reply: Mavman is back with more tranny probs......