1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

1995 dodge avenger nightmare multiple bugs!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 06:42 AM
junkyarddawgz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 1995 dodge avenger nightmare multiple bugs!!!

My friend just brought me her $345 catastrophe.. Please help.. 1995 avenger 2.0/ auto, ok, whines when i turn the wheel, does have a power steering leak, can I rebuild the pump and do you guys have a p/n# if so??? None of the accessory lights work, shifter light, dome lights, deck lid lights, underhood light, NONE of them, only the instrument panel lights.. any ideas about what THAT could be?? I have pulled bulbs, chased wires and fuses until my head is exploding.. My engine fan does not come on, all relays and fuses are fine, no cuts or scrapes in wiring, coolant temp. sensor is functioning as my temp, guage is operational.. so any ideas there?? The airbag and e-brake,& check engine lights are all on and when i pulled voltage from the battery for 45 minutes and reset everything, still came back on, yet no error codes on scanning??? Engine running rich constantly, yet no mods have been made.. And lastly I about redline the tach. before it finally shifts 1-2, 3-4,4-o.d.??? And then it surges while @ stopsigns sometimes, and sometimes the 1-2,2-3 is a little bit...weak and slippery.. I am a factory-trained nissan and gm man.. can u mopar ladies and gentlemen please help me before i send this riceram into the flames!!!?? TY much...

Old 05-30-2011, 09:19 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site. I will move this thread to the Avenger section,
FF

Old 05-30-2011, 03:12 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My friend just brought me her $345 catastrophe.. Please help.. 1995 avenger 2.0/ auto, ok,
1)whines when i turn the wheel, does have a power steering leak, can I rebuild the pump and do you guys have a p/n# if so???
Any part store can give you the part number
First off where is the leak ? why rebuild the pump if it doesn't need it. the lines on these are leaking as they age or bad racks are very common

2) None of the accessory lights work, shifter light, dome lights, deck lid lights, underhood light, NONE of them, only the instrument panel lights.. any ideas about what THAT could be?? I have pulled bulbs, chased wires and fuses until my head is exploding..

Dome lights are likely bad door switches they are very prone to corrode buy the 95/99 eclipse ones from the dealer they are 1/3 the dodge price

Shifter light is pretty straight forward voltage and ground or bad bulb

rear deck light ? you mean the trunk light ? if so this is a 12 volt hot on one side of the bulb and the grounding switch is on the trunk latch the switch is a piece of junk

I've NEVER seen a venge with an underhood light

3) My engine fan does not come on, all relays and fuses are fine, no cuts or scrapes in wiring, coolant temp. sensor is functioning as my temp, guage is operational.. so any ideas there??
First off there are TWO fans one only comes on with the A/C and there are also TWO temp sensors one controls the fan while the other feeds the gauge

4)The airbag and e-brake,& check engine lights are all on and when i pulled voltage from the battery for 45 minutes and reset everything, still came back on, yet no error codes on scanning???
Have you actually tried to pull codes ?
The airbag needs a higher level scanner then an OBDII for airbag codes (bad clockspring)
Dodge uses the brake light for multiple brake things it's the e brake and brake fluid level and can indicate brake pads worn due to not enough fluid in resevoir

5) Engine running rich constantly, yet no mods have been made..
How are you determining running rich ?

6)And lastly I about redline the tach. before it finally shifts 1-2, 3-4,4-o.d.??? And then it surges while @ stopsigns sometimes, and sometimes the 1-2,2-3 is a little bit...weak and slippery..
This can be a speed sensor issue , bad fluid or solenoid pack hard to tell

I am a factory-trained nissan and gm man.. can u mopar ladies and gentlemen please help me before i send this riceram into the flames!!!?? TY much...

Old 06-02-2011, 08:57 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome to the site

Old 06-05-2011, 12:53 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Welcome to DF

I also agree with bad venge.

Quick Reply: 1995 dodge avenger nightmare multiple bugs!!!