1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Car Accident

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 04:49 PM
97vengence
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Accident

Alright, well, I just got a 1997 Dodge Avenger 6 cylinder on Saturday, December 3rd. I had to travel to a different state to get the vehicle and on the way home (3 hour drive) I got about halfway and into Cleveland, Ohio where I got into an accident. My insurance is liability only so I am not positive what to do. I had the car get an estimate done today and they SAY it needs $3100 in repairs, including labor and all. Alright...well...I don't quite have that much money to spend. I was wondering if anybody on this site would be willing to sell me their spare parts to their avenger? I need a new hood, new front bumper, headlights, radiator and hoses, and support. If I am unable to get anything from any of you generous people then I'll have to go on ebay and just have them send it and find someone to do it locally. If anybody can help me let me know or email me: davidrschy@adelphia.net. Thanks all, and I would greatly appreciate any help.

Old 12-05-2005, 05:11 PM
97vengence
Default RE: Car Accident

Alright, for a little more information that I happened to forget to mention:

1997 Dodge Avenger 6 cylinder
power windows, doors, locks, seats,
4 brand new tires, battery, and rotors
81,560 miles
bought for: $3,100
estimated cost for fix: $3,000

Problems:
bent hood, broken headlights, bumper cracked in half, radiator pushed towards engine and hoses cut, support bars for the radiator are slightly bent in, but easily fixable.

Any other information needed? If so just let me know.

Old 12-05-2005, 05:17 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Dude, that majorly blows. I am sorry to hear you had this happen.

The best course of action is to always hit the junkyards up first and foremost. I would call places up to 100 miles away and see about parts.

Lots of junkyards will cut you deals if you buy parts in bulk or are willing to go out and rip the parts off yourself, rather then them have to do it.

Good luck!

Old 12-05-2005, 05:22 PM
97vengence

Yea, I plan to do that, but the problem is that I do not have much available time...especially this week because it's the last week of schools and finals next week. Thanks for posting, by the way, I appreciate it. Anybody live in the Pittsburgh, Pa or closer to Erie, Pennsylvania?

Old 12-06-2005, 11:41 PM
shhiknow

hey sorry to here about that man. If it helps any i'm located in pittsburgh and i've a 97 front bumper that i could sell ya.

Old 12-15-2005, 10:09 PM
kent_08
Rookie

sorry to hear that.. anyways, if you opt to purchase online, you might want to give Auto Parts Inner a try, they offer a decent price on most parts.

Old 01-05-2006, 08:39 PM
PhilMignon

Hey buddy... My 1997 i just took off the road. Anything that is listed is available for you ... let me know what you need/want and i"d be more than happy to help you out.
1)front right fender
2)right door
3)trunk is good to go if you want it
4)back bumper is brand new..
5)sunroof is yours if you want it
6)right mirror is yours if you want it
7)400$wing that was bought @speedworld.com normal wing, looks like maxima 2000wing
8)Front and back windshields are brand new
9)Radiator is yours if you want it
10)2nd Transmission has about 47,000 miles on it if you want
11)Also have 4 Konig "Monsoon" rims

You can also take anything under the hood... The only thing that doesnt work under the hood is the power steering pump...
If you want i can send you pictures of the car.. .Where do you live? I'm from NY but i would be willing to send the parts to you or even the whole car you can take if you want to realy take it apart... If your serious email me and i will then call you.

Old 01-06-2006, 04:47 AM
PhilMignon

Hey 97evenger send me your email address and i will send u alot of info on my 1997 Dodge Avenger ES that i just took off the road... i have alot of parts if you are really interested let me know.... put a posting up or send me a message and then we can talk

Quick Reply: Car Accident