1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Bought 97 Dodge Avenger 2.0L Std Coupe.. What do i need to replace

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 07:19 PM
labishrestha
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought 97 Dodge Avenger 2.0L Std Coupe.. What do i need to replace

I just bought a 97 Dodge Avenger 2.0L Std Coupe with about 129k miles from a 1st owner for 1700 bucks. It drives great without any problem. It passed Massachusets inspection the last two years. I'm about to take it to a mechanic to see what things i need to repair immediately but i'd like to get some feedback from you guys also.

The check engine light is on and the seller told me that a failing A/C compressor(Which i dont care about right now) is causing this light to turn on.
Besides that, I have a suspicion that the engine may be leaking oil because the oil level was really low. but i could be wrong.
Occasionally the battery charging system light turns on during driving.
And lastly, when starting the car sometimes i get irregular noises and the car won't start before trying 2-3 times but it hasnt failed to start.

Could the source of these symptoms be a a worn off belt that touches various parts? Is there anything like that?

What do you guys suggest that i should fix or repair immediately on this car?

Also the coolant reserve tank has a hole and i need to replace it. If anyone could suggest where I can find this tank, id be really grateful.

Thanks,
Labi.

Quick Reply: Bought 97 Dodge Avenger 2.0L Std Coupe.. What do i need to replace