1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Trying install an amp

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 08:09 PM
TheLion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying install an amp

Any ideas on how to run some amp wires from the hood to the trunk of a 98 avenger es? I'm trying to avoid drilling any holes but if need be I will. I'm also kinda against the whole battery in the trunk idea. It's easy but ugly

Old 03-07-2006, 09:52 PM
airman
Rookie
Default RE: Trying install an amp

yea, i drilled a hole for mine...i couldn't find any other way. i then sealed it with some caulking (muhah, ownage).

to get to the trunk...i just ran it down the lip on the inside of the driver side and into the trunk area by just folding the seat down and wedge it between the seat coushin and the inside wall and into the trunk...that's all i did =)

Old 03-09-2006, 03:29 AM
daytonairoc

if you remove the panel that runs down by the gas pedal there is a gromet that is not used for anything,. i ran my wire down the firewall and over the cat into the car..... no problems at all.

Old 03-19-2006, 05:35 PM
TheLion

Are you sure that grommet is factory installed? I took off the only panel around the gas that I could find (the one holding the gas pedal in place) and saw nothing but solid metal

Old 03-19-2006, 08:18 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

I didnt find anything on the driver's side either when I ran my amp wire. I ended up drilling a hole on the driver's side corner, to the right of the brake resevoir.

Old 03-20-2006, 05:56 PM
Trent

ORIGINAL: silvercoupe97

I didnt find anything on the driver's side either when I ran my amp wire. I ended up drilling a hole on the driver's side corner, to the right of the brake resevoir.

Same Here...

Old 06-01-2006, 05:44 PM
element000101
Professional

I also drilled a hole in my firewall, i sealed it with a gromet (rubber) thats bascily the only place you can run a Power wire, other wise just run the wires under your door panels and i took of my back seat and ran the ground wire from the amp and attached it to one of the seat bolts.

Old 06-03-2006, 09:09 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

ORIGINAL: element000101

...just run the wires under your door panels and i took of my back seat and ran the ground wire from the amp and attached it to one of the seat bolts.
That's what I did too...nice sturdy bolt and for the most part, it won't get corroded like the exposed bolts/screws.

Old 06-05-2006, 01:05 PM
jchan

Try looking on the passenger side up where the carpet ends. I found a grommet in the firewall that you can feed a wire or two through.

Quick Reply: Trying install an amp