1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
40.00%
No
60.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Avenger Concept...Will it be produced?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 11:40 PM
95_Avenger
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Avenger Concept...Will it be produced?

is it just me or does that look like the caliper?

Old 04-19-2006, 11:43 PM
jnellydodge
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im seeing all caliber too

Old 04-20-2006, 12:13 AM
95_Avenger
Professional

ORIGINAL: jnellydodge

Im seeing all caliber too
Glad to see that it aint just me!

Old 04-20-2006, 04:46 PM
Dakota_24

Like I said; it looks nothing like the caliber...the fenders are different, the grille, bumper, the total shape is different, and that it is a beefy awd sedan hatchback...NOT A WAGON!

Old 04-20-2006, 07:00 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

I see a smaller version of the Charger mixed with some of the Caliber.....personally....I think it looks like crap....

and to go with my original statement......that must be the AWD version...as i dont think they would sell a car looking like a wannabe 4x4...

Old 04-20-2006, 07:42 PM
Dakota_24

From what I have read throughout this forum; you dont have anything positive to say about any Dodge or maybe new designs except yours. Why is it a "wannabe 4x4" and why dont you think Dodge would sell them? I seem to remember a company that no longer exsists that Chrysler owns the rights too that sold 4x4 sedans, coupes and hatchbacks. Remember a company called AMC EAGLE? I seem to remember they sold quite well.
ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

I see a smaller version of the Charger mixed with some of the Caliber.....personally....I think it looks like crap....

and to go with my original statement......that must be the AWD version...as i dont think they would sell a car looking like a wannabe 4x4...

[IMG]local://upfiles/26521/B961E24A1FEF4D42982F912F269D433C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/26521/C1AC697BEA244D4292BA39D4DB467A1E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-20-2006, 08:26 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: Dakota_24

From what I have read throughout this forum; you dont have anything positive to say about any Dodge or maybe new designs except yours. Why is it a "wannabe 4x4" and why dont you think Dodge would sell them? I seem to remember a company that no longer exsists that Chrysler owns the rights too that sold 4x4 sedans, coupes and hatchbacks. Remember a company called AMC EAGLE? I seem to remember they sold quite well.

[IMG]local://upfiles/26521/B961E24A1FEF4D42982F912F269D433C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/26521/C1AC697BEA244D4292BA39D4DB467A1E.jpg[/IMG]
Actually, the only crap I bad mouth is the new Dakota, the new Durango, the Caliber, and I definitely, definitely despise the Charger..... I actually love the Magnum, I love the Stratus cars, loved the SRT-4 Neon, reg. Neons are cool, love any year Ram....especially the 3rd gen/diesels....love the SRT-10....etc etc...and I would love to have a Pacifica or a 300C. I have nothing against the Ram Vans or the Caravans....even the Sprinter is a good vehicle.

Just because I hate some of the crap Dodge is putting out now doesnt mean I hate Dodge. I also have EVERY RIGHT to voice my opinion about a brand I like and want to support. I've owned a Chrysler LeBaron, 2 Dodge Dakotas, and my current Stratus R/T. I've loved them all, and they've been great vehicles. Also, I'm not the ONLY ONE who hates all these boxy, combo vehicles.

I never once said that a 4x4 car couldnt sell - look at subaru with virtually every car being AWD.... I simply said it looks like a wannabe 4x4....based on the huge truck looking tires and the ride height. AMC Eagle sold well 20 years ago...but with more cars offering better looks and AWD as an option.....there's less need for it now. Even the Magnum and Caliber offer AWD.....so why would you truly need a 4x4 car? You dont.

Also, I can bash on crappy concepts all day long if I so choose. Trust me, I bash alot harder on GM/Ford then I do Dodge....they are much better innovators then GM/Ford.

Old 04-20-2006, 09:05 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

I too, don't like the boxy designs that DCX is coming out with. Just like you (Dakota) see the Caliber as a wagon...the concept, in my eyes, is more related to mid-size SUVs. By the looks of it, the rear deck falls into the truck like hatchback does. Even with the low wheel gap, it still sits very high above the ground.
I see that you like this concept and that is all good bro, I, and it looks like DR too, will most likely stay away from that and glad that it remained a concept.

Old 04-20-2006, 09:18 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: silvercoupe97

I too, don't like the boxy designs that DCX is coming out with. Just like you (Dakota) see the Caliber as a wagon...the concept, in my eyes, is more related to mid-size SUVs. By the looks of it, the rear deck falls into the truck like hatchback does. Even with the low wheel gap, it still sits very high above the ground.
I see that you like this concept and that is all good bro, I, and it looks like DR too, will most likely stay away from that and glad that it remained a concept.
+1

I forgot to mention, that I love the Dodge Avenger....it was never as fast as it should of been....but then you see ones like silvercoupe97's....and you just go wow...

Old 04-20-2006, 09:44 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

ORIGINAL: silvercoupe97

+1

I forgot to mention, that I love the Dodge Avenger....it was never as fast as it should of been....but then you see ones like silvercoupe97's....and you just go wow...
Thanks DR...wait till I get my FMIC this Friday, that will allow me to turn up the boost to 18-20psi. More is better of course but there just isn't enough "leg room" here on the island to even have it on 15psi...nah, it's fun. I should have my calipers painted and car washed too. There's going to be a local car club meet next weekend with EVOs, SRT4s, STis, DSMs, and a few other members also, I'll be sure to have some charged batteries and take lots of pics, I need some up-to-date pics anyhow. Maybe one of the other members will have a camcorder and get me on vid...well, not me, but the Venge, lol.

Quick Reply: Avenger Concept...Will it be produced?