1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
40.00%
No
60.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Avenger Concept...Will it be produced?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 11:09 PM
Dakota_24
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Avenger Concept...Will it be produced?

There really is no difference between 4x4 and AWD except one is manual and the other is all-time electronic. What boxy combo vehicles are you talking about, but if you think the Caliber is boxy; you my friend need to look again? If you want some boxy examples here they are; and you may recognize the obvious:

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

ORIGINAL: Dakota_24

From what I have read throughout this forum; you dont have anything positive to say about any Dodge or maybe new designs except yours. Why is it a "wannabe 4x4" and why dont you think Dodge would sell them? I seem to remember a company that no longer exsists that Chrysler owns the rights too that sold 4x4 sedans, coupes and hatchbacks. Remember a company called AMC EAGLE? I seem to remember they sold quite well.

[IMG]local://upfiles/26521/B961E24A1FEF4D42982F912F269D433C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/26521/C1AC697BEA244D4292BA39D4DB467A1E.jpg[/IMG]
Actually, the only crap I bad mouth is the new Dakota, the new Durango, the Caliber, and I definitely, definitely despise the Charger..... I actually love the Magnum, I love the Stratus cars, loved the SRT-4 Neon, reg. Neons are cool, love any year Ram....especially the 3rd gen/diesels....love the SRT-10....etc etc...and I would love to have a Pacifica or a 300C. I have nothing against the Ram Vans or the Caravans....even the Sprinter is a good vehicl

Just because I hate some of the crap Dodge is putting out now doesnt mean I hate Dodge. I also have EVERY RIGHT to voice my opinion about a brand I like and want to support. I've owned a Chrysler LeBaron, 2 Dodge Dakotas, and my current Stratus R/T. I've loved them all, and they've been great vehicles. Also, I'm not the ONLY ONE who hates all these boxy, combo vehicles.

I never once said that a 4x4 car couldnt sell - look at subaru with virtually every car being AWD.... I simply said it looks like a wannabe 4x4....based on the huge truck looking tires and the ride height. AMC Eagle sold well 20 years ago...but with more cars offering better looks and AWD as an option.....there's less need for it now. Even the Magnum and Caliber offer AWD.....so why would you truly need a 4x4 car? You dont.

Also, I can bash on crappy concepts all day long if I so choose. Trust me, I bash alot harder on GM/Ford then I do Dodge....they are much better innovators then GM/Ford.

[IMG]local://upfiles/26521/3ECB47194DCF4C64B3537FAB6E085C80.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/26521/B5C17B37877E4832A989237BD7737AE5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/26521/D9BE7E23882045E4969F63A991691189.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/26521/3BB0A8D9B9684F33A2C1BBBD0A677CA1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-21-2006, 12:04 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

There really is no difference between 4x4 and AWD except one is manual and the other is all-time electronic. What boxy combo vehicles are you talking about, but if you think the Caliber is boxy; you my friend need to look again? If you want some boxy examples here they are; and you may recognize the obvious:

The Caliber isnt as boxy as the pictures made it look, I've sat in one. I was referring to the cars like the Challenger, 300C, Nitro, Dakota. It's not the whole vehicle I am talking about, but not everyone wants the boxy look. The Challenger while impressive, looks like a brick. Same with the 300C, and its one of my favorite DC vehicles.

The Colorado isnt as boxy as the Dakota, but both have a boxy look to a certain degree.

Anyhow, the Avenger wont sell like this.....truth be told....what Dodge should have done was kept the Stratus coupe and beefed up the motor. An SRT-6 Stratus would have sold alot better.

Old 04-21-2006, 02:33 PM
Dakota_24

I think you are wrong! THe avenger will sell as well as the Caliber, and dont tell me that the Caliber hasnt sold, because its one of or the hottest car on the Dodge Sales lot right now. People like the AWD or 4wd features; just because you dont doesnt mean other people dont. The Stratus was a dud; not saying it wasnt a nice car, but why make an srt-6 model if the prime model isnt selling well.

The Caliber isnt as boxy as the pictures made it look, I've sat in one. I was referring to the cars like the Challenger, 300C, Nitro, Dakota. It's not the whole vehicle I am talking about, but not everyone wants the boxy look. The Challenger while impressive, looks like a brick. Same with the 300C, and its one of my favorite DC vehicles.

The Colorado isnt as boxy as the Dakota, but both have a boxy look to a certain degree.

Anyhow, the Avenger wont sell like this.....truth be told....what Dodge should have done was kept the Stratus coupe and beefed up the motor. An SRT-6 Stratus would have sold alot better.

Old 04-21-2006, 03:03 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

I think you are wrong! THe avenger will sell as well as the Caliber, and dont tell me that the Caliber hasnt sold, because its one of or the hottest car on the Dodge Sales lot right now. People like the AWD or 4wd features; just because you dont doesnt mean other people dont. The Stratus was a dud; not saying it wasnt a nice car, but why make an srt-6 model if the prime model isnt selling well.
Before this goes any further, which it wont go much further.....stop putting words in my mouth. I have not said the Caliber hasnt sold, I have not ever stated that I DONT LIKE AWD OR 4X4 VEHICLES. Get your information correct if your are going to be a *****.

The Avenger will not sell anywhere NEAR as well as the Caliber. The Neon sold a ton of vehicles compared to the Stratus....and the Stratus IMO is a better looking car then the Avenger concept. That's MY opinion, not yours.

The Stratus coupe was a dud for one reason only....it was underpowered. It doesnt compete with any car in its class PERIOD. The fact of the matter is, it needed a SRT powered motor to make it compete with cars like the Eclipse, the Solara, and a few others....it'll take a stock V6 Mustang...but barely...and only certain years... My point was, people like the car, hate the fact its slow. It was the same issue with the Avenger. Great to look at, slow to drive. I can get the entire Stratus coupe section to back me on that....same with the Avenger section. They are both nice cars, just needed more HP. The SRT-4 sold extremely well.....an SRT-6 model for under $28k would have been possible.

Dodge needs a midsize coupe......and in the 4cyl/V6 variety. I, like alot of people, dont want a 4dr sedan. Every single car company makes a coupe for under $30k. Why cant Dodge? It's bad enough that as of this moment, Chrysler has one coupe, and Dodge has zero.

Old 04-21-2006, 03:46 PM
Dakota_24

The reason why they didnt put a different power plant in the stratus was; eventhough it was considered a dud; it did sell with what it had. Some people liked it as it was and not every model has to have a sport edition to sell. My parents had a 98 or 99 and I loved the ride; and it had some pep. If you want more than pep; mod it yourself.

Old 04-21-2006, 03:50 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

The reason why they didnt put a different power plant in the stratus was; eventhough it was considered a dud; it did sell with what it had. Some people liked it as it was and not every model has to have a sport edition to sell. My parents had a 98 or 99 and I loved the ride; and it had some pep. If you want more than pep; mod it yourself.
I was referring to the coupe only, not the Sedan. The coupe comes with a 2.4L engine that could have easily used the SRT-4 2.4L. That would have given it more HP then even the 3.0L V6 that comes in the R/T....and there are more toys for the SRT-4 then the V6 in the R/T.

Modding the R/T motor takes entirely too much money....as there arent much in the way of mods for the Stratus coupe.

Old 04-21-2006, 04:17 PM
Dakota_24

Why make an SRT-4 Stratus; when they already have an SRT-4 Neon. They arent going to make 2 SRT-4's under the same badge.

I was referring to the coupe only, not the Sedan. The coupe comes with a 2.4L engine that could have easily used the SRT-4 2.4L. That would have given it more HP then even the 3.0L V6 that comes in the R/T....and there are more toys for the SRT-4 then the V6 in the R/T.

Modding the R/T motor takes entirely too much money....as there arent much in the way of mods for the Stratus coupe.

Old 04-21-2006, 05:36 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Why make an SRT-4 Stratus; when they already have an SRT-4 Neon. They arent going to make 2 SRT-4's under the same badge.
Why not? They already make 4 SRT-8's using the same motor. EVERY class of car/truck made by Dodge has an SRT model except the Stratus. This is of course excluding the Nitro as it hasnt hit production yet and the vans (Caravan/Sprinter).

SRT-10 models - Viper, Ram
SRT-8 models - 300C, Charger, Magnum, Grand Cherokee
SRT-6 models - Crossfire
SRT-4 models - Neon, Caliber

They could have offered it for a year or two and seen how sales went. It would have sold pretty decently I think. I would have bought one.

Old 04-21-2006, 06:10 PM
Dakota_24

I will tell you why. SRT-10: Viper (exotic sports car), Ram (Truck). SRT-8: 300c (CHRYSLER), Charger (DODGE...SEE THE DIFFERENCE), Magnum (WAGON), Grand Cherokee (JEEP SUV). SRT-6: Crossfire (Chrysler and only SRT-6). SRT-4: Caliber (Only SRT-4...Neon no longer is made). Now do you understand? They wont make 2 coupe/sedans under the same badge as an SRT!

Why not? They already make 4 SRT-8's using the same motor. EVERY class of car/truck made by Dodge has an SRT model except the Stratus. This is of course excluding the Nitro as it hasnt hit production yet and the vans (Caravan/Sprinter).

SRT-10 models - Viper, Ram
SRT-8 models - 300C, Charger, Magnum, Grand Cherokee
SRT-6 models - Crossfire
SRT-4 models - Neon, Caliber

They could have offered it for a year or two and seen how sales went. It would have sold pretty decently I think. I would have bought one.

Old 04-21-2006, 09:41 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

I will tell you why. SRT-10: Viper (exotic sports car), Ram (Truck). SRT-8: 300c (CHRYSLER), Charger (DODGE...SEE THE DIFFERENCE), Magnum (WAGON), Grand Cherokee (JEEP SUV). SRT-6: Crossfire (Chrysler and only SRT-6). SRT-4: Caliber (Only SRT-4...Neon no longer is made). Now do you understand? They wont make 2 coupe/sedans under the same badge as an SRT!
You missed my entire point. The 6.1L SRT-8 motor is in FOUR vehicles...which means they can sell more and it makes it cheaper to produce as the costs are spaced out. The SRT-10 Ram makes ZERO sense, but its extra cool. The SRT-10 Viper is well, its a Viper [8D]

The Magnum, Charger, 300C, and the incoming Challenger will all use the same exact motors, AND the same platform. Oh, and those first 3 I named, are all 4 door cars...even though the Mag is a wagon.

Also, the new Caliber is actually using a CVT motor, not the exact same 2.4L the SRT-4 uses. The Crossfire is a joke, as its not even a Chrysler product, its all Mercedes. It's also an overpriced coupe...and its not selling well at all....they reduced the amount to like 4000 produced now.

FYI, Dodge has always had a small coupe or a midsize coupe that was turbo'd.....it wouldnt kill them to slap a SRT-4 or slap a turbo on a V6 into a coupe.

If DC can use multiple engines in multiple platforms, it would not kill them to have an SRT-4/6 coupe.

Quick Reply: Avenger Concept...Will it be produced?