1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

I Need help with the speakers please

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 05:16 AM
Avengerer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Need help with the speakers please

okay, so basically, i have bought 2 pair of speakers, 1 pair for the side doors, and 1 for the back{trunk}.
today i installed the side door speakers, and they work great. it took me about 2 hours because i had to take out the door panel, play with the wires a lil bit, but not too much, and put every thing back.
now, my questions is - tommorw, i will try to put the trunk speakers into place, but i looked under the trunk today to see how am i going to take out the old speakers, and it seems kind of hard because there is not alot of space to move under the trunk, and from the top of the trunk - i dont see no screws in there, just the factory speaker grill. i saw 2 bracket under the trunk if im not mistaken for each speaker, but thats also going to be a hard job considering the small space. Still, im not sure if thats what i need to do.
any advices?
thanks alot.

Old 06-22-2006, 05:28 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: I Need help with the speakers please

Are you referring to the 6x9's in the rear deck?
If so, then what you have to do is remove the screws from underneath to remove the plastic cover, then go back inside the cabin and pull the covers off, then remove the screws from the speakers and replace them and reinstall everything in reverse order.

Old 06-22-2006, 05:38 AM
Avengerer

ORIGINAL: silvercoupe97

Are you referring to the 6x9's in the rear deck?
If so, then what you have to do is remove the screws from underneath to remove the plastic cover, then go back inside the cabin and pull the covers off, then remove the screws from the speakers and replace them and reinstall everything in reverse order.

yes, the ones that are under the rear window.
but wait, there are no screws underneath, there are brackets if thats what you mean, but its hard to reach place, doable, but hard, but lets say i do what you said, remove all the screws, and the plastic grill, do the wiring is also hard to do, or is it the same as the front speakers, just remove and plug back in?

Old 06-22-2006, 05:44 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

You'll have to cut the factory speaker plug and solder in aftermarket female spade/blade (I think that's what they're called) connectors and then you're good to go.
I'm not sure what you have to hold the plastic cover in place but mine has screws that's why I mentioned it, but it doesn't matter though. Whatever is under there, remove it. I just laid in the trunk with my feet sticking, lol, out and unscrewed the covers.

Old 06-22-2006, 03:27 PM
Avengerer

okay, thanks alot S.Coupe

Old 06-23-2006, 08:41 AM
jakbob

not to hijack or anything, but would you happen to know what size i would need for the female ends of those spades?

Old 06-23-2006, 09:59 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

I believe I used 18-20 gauge. The size of the spade isn't what's measured, it's the wire size. You don't necessarily need to match the female end to the male end :snicker: either. Just don't get ones that are enormous and you'll be good to go. Soldering is best btw...if you know how to do it.

Old 06-23-2006, 07:42 PM
Avengerer

ORIGINAL: jakbob

not to hijack or anything, but would you happen to know what size i would need for the female ends of those spades?
since you menitoned something that i dont knwo, whats a female end and what are spades?

Old 06-23-2006, 09:30 PM
avengerdude27
Rookie

instead of cutting them you can just use spade connectors in reference to the connector lookin at it like this --I the front is the ground and rear ispos of my very crude drawing

Old 06-24-2006, 06:37 AM
95_Avenger
Professional

when i put in my aftermarkest 6/9s i had to take out the srcews for the grill like sliver said then i had to take out anther set out to take out the speaker.. but i didnt but the spade things i juts cut the wires and put em in the whole and looped it around kinda half *** but its worked for 3 monthes so far..

Quick Reply: I Need help with the speakers please