1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

pcm

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 12:06 PM
95_Avenger
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: pcm

yea

Old 10-14-2006, 01:21 AM
95_Avenger
Professional

bump to the top!!

Old 10-14-2006, 01:26 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Oh, are you still trying to find which computer? It is the most forward computer. The one closest to the firewall is the TCM=Tranny Contorl Module.

Old 10-16-2006, 03:05 AM
95_Avenger
Professional

ok so i put my new pcm in today i caharged my batt for around 5 hours..went out to sart it was a little rough but turned over i let it idle then pushed on the gas it bogged down so i let up then i started messing with my radio and cheacking my lights i replaced and when i turned on my turn signal or head light my radio turned off?? then so then i just turned off my light and my radio was turning on anf off like repaidily and my car jsut died..so i let it charge for a while longer like 4 more hours and went to got try it now in aint doin any thing??from now on when i turn my key it just clicks no mater if im jumping it or its bein charged.. i got the pcm form a junk yard of that helps any..what could it be??

Old 10-18-2006, 01:44 PM
95_Avenger
Professional

to the top

Old 11-17-2006, 02:49 PM
sknight

Okay, I think I need to replace the PCM in my ride. Two years ago I had similar symptoms and the PCM was the culprate. Basically my car won't start. It turns over fine; sounds good and all that like it's getting spark and fuel, but it just doesn't start. It's blowing my engine ignition fuse (so I bypass it with some pliers) and every time I get out of my drivers seat the damn car shocks me! Obviously something is shorted, but I'm pretty sure this happened last time my computer went out.

My question is, could the PCM, if it's jacked up, making a shorting contact throughout my cars body/frame, shocking me every time I rub up against it? And blowing some of my fuses too. I can't find anything obvious going on such as bare wires rubbing or whatnot. I didn't do anything special to get it to do this, I just drove it from Arizona to New Mexico (after having a rebuilt engine put in cuz these cars are lemons -but I still love em).

[URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/419956[/URL]

Old 11-17-2006, 09:25 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Swap out the relays on the firewall. Move them over and remember or mark which one is which. I would just mark them 1-2-3-or 4 to denote their original position.

As for you sknight..welcome to DF...
You could have bare wire(s) in the engine bay from the rebuild, it could be the PCM, it could be one of the relays on the firewall. Did you remove the pliers?
I would swap your relays. They are supposed to release contact and if they don't that could be your short, and please put the fuse back before something catches on fire