1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Seafoam For the win =]

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 05:11 PM
airman
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seafoam For the win =]

picked up some seafoam at pepboy's just to play around with. went about half and half, half to the crankcase half to the intake. throttle response IS quicker...but it seems like i lost a little bit of power. who knows. gonna go pick up another pint and half it into my gastank.

silver, from what it seems like, you swear by this stuff, correct? what exactly should i have noticed when i did this? as in, what happens when i put it into the intake and what happens when i put it in the crankcase.

thanks,
-mike.

and just a fun picture:

Old 12-28-2006, 09:40 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: Seafoam For the win =]

When I used it, I only put it through the intake and I got what you got in the pic but thicker. My cloud looked like a fat goosedown pillow, lol.
After doing it, my throttle response was quicker and it felt like I lost a bit of power in the mid end too. I think it's because I was so used to not have the quicker throttle response, lol. Anyway, I also notice that the motor idled really smooth.
One thing about the crankcase is that you have to change the oil soon after, I say no longer than a days worth of driving at the most.
I do like seafoam/MCCC on older engines. You did what some of these shops do to clean out the TB and injectors, you just saved yourself a buttload of money that a shop would have charged you
Speaking of injectors, put some into your gas tank too.
Just make sure to change your oil a few times to help get the gunk out from the bottom end or it will just recirculate around the motor and possibley get lodged again.

Old 12-30-2006, 02:59 AM
element000101
Professional

what does seafoam exactly do....

Old 12-30-2006, 04:53 AM
airman
Rookie

@silver - yeah, that picture was taken about 10 seconds after the "goose down pillow" of smoke dissappeared. wansn't planning on taking a picture.

@element -it really just cleans just about anything you put it through...very heavily.

back @ silver - yeah, i'm gonna treat my oil a few more times and then change it. =]

Old 12-30-2006, 04:10 PM
SlicedBread

I must have done it wrong, when I did it I got small bursts of smoke for a few minutes but nothing so severe as giant clouds like that.

Old 12-31-2006, 02:21 AM
airman
Rookie

how did you do it?

this is a pretty accurate depiction of what it's supposed to look like. also tells you the directions =]
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...7800a6c96c.htm

Old 12-31-2006, 02:59 AM
SlicedBread

I got similar to what he had at idle before the big puff, I followed the directions on the can. I sucked it through the PCV hose while pinching it until around 2/3 of the stuff was left and then left it for like 5-10 minutes than idled it for 15 mins or so and revving up to 1500 rpms. However I went on the highway soon after and I did not get that effect either when I went up to 3000rpm.

Old 01-01-2007, 08:26 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

ORIGINAL: element000101

what does seafoam exactly do....

You are in essence...steam cleaning everything in the combustion chambers and helping things dislodge themselves and to help them make their way into the chambers or a filter.

Old 01-02-2007, 07:24 AM
Kirbylee8472

I'm new to cars all together
I understand it cleans your engine some how...but how?
also
where do you put it into your car?

Old 01-02-2007, 07:49 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

ORIGINAL: Kirbylee8472

I'm new to cars all together
I understand it cleans your engine some how...but how?
also
where do you put it into your car?
ORIGINAL: silvercoupe97

ORIGINAL: element000101

what does seafoam exactly do

You are in essence...steam cleaning everything in the combustion chambers and helping things dislodge themselves and to help them make their way into the chambers or a filter.

You put it in through that last tubing right before the plenum..or anywhere on the intake tract for that matter, you could shove a straw in there if you wanted to, just as long as you got the seafoam/MCCC into the chambers. The other place you put it in is the gas tank and (this is optional but thorough) into your oil (if you do this, MAKE SURE to drain the oil that is contaminated soon after and possibley a couple of times to completely clean out the gunk that has been removed).
Here is some good reading and here's another. Btw, seafoam and MCCC do the same thing.

Quick Reply: Seafoam For the win =]