1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

shifter help

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 12:35 AM
blackvenge34
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: shifter help

thanx man i was starting to get hopeless cuz i had no response for day but i didnt give up ur a busy person lol and i appreciate it thanx

Old 01-24-2007, 08:41 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Alright bro, I haven't forgotten about you. I haven't gotten a chance to fiddle with my shifteryet.
I've been working on rewiring my fuel pump and it was kicking my butt. It's rewired now though. I may get time tomorrow to fiddle with the shifter. I'll take some pics if I do get to though. That way, I'll have some referrence pics for you.

Old 01-24-2007, 10:03 PM
blackvenge34
Veteran

ok thanx i appreciate it if its too much trouble dont bother cuz the comp i bought it from on ebay is letting me send the part back ( the purple block and bearing) and they will send a new one that hopefully fits or is already inside if they send me a new part that doesnt fit then id be back to square one lol and wasted money shipping but if get to take the pick the more refrence the better ya know thanx again and hope to hear ya soon.. about the fuel pump it sux when you have problems i know doing my struts they kicked my but for three days well the front right strut anyway and i had to get a bolt punched out which took the shop a half an hour to do but once you get every back and finish you get the feeling of relief and accomplishment ya know lol

Old 02-02-2007, 10:03 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Well, I helped my buddy put a B&M clone in his GS-T the other day and the bearing was already in the pivot bracket already. Yours should have been in there too.
Here's some pics of the bearing.

The bearing had to have been pressed in there because if it wasn't, the rod that goes through it would just add to shifter movement.
[IMG]local://upfiles/17025/26FA1E1C4D594790BF26BB9BF798CB51.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/17025/AF859B4314AA4EEC91654E08846C918D.jpg[/IMG]

Neither of the shifters had me do anything with the bearing either.

Sorry this took so long

You probably already have the ball rolling with getting a new one, but I still wanted to post this info just incase someone else has the same issue.

Old 02-05-2007, 02:56 AM
blackvenge34
Veteran

o yea thanx no problem i can use all the help i can get but yea i did send back the part and they should be sending me one with it in i hope anyway if not im back at squre one so well see i hope it comes this week cuz i also got a shift know for 7$ its silver and 1-5 and reverse light up in blue and i cant wait to put it all together but thanx dont worry bout it takin so long im just gald i found a place where people can help me out and its pretty quick i usually have my answer in a day or so.... so thanx btw the bearing in that pic is snug? like it doesnt come out right?

Old 02-05-2007, 05:09 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Correct, the bearing is in there really good. If you had to remove it, it will come out in several pieces, lol.

Old 02-08-2007, 05:52 PM
blackvenge34
Veteran

ok everything is hooked up but y doesnt it feel like a shorter shift it feels longer i dont know y like i dont know if i did something wrong but it doesnt feel right

Old 02-14-2007, 11:33 PM
blackvenge34
Veteran

or is it something i have to get used to like the pivot bracket i guess has to move then it shifts which seems to take longer to me?????

Old 02-14-2007, 11:41 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Did you reattach the shift linkage to the very bottom hole? That hole is the 50% shorter throw and the hole above it is the 35% shorter throw. The shaft length is only just shorter than the stock shaft, but it's the throw that should have been shortened and not the length of the shaft.
Also, make sure that everything else is tight, like that shifter's base plate. Those rubber bushings wear out after awhile and have a tendancy to allow base movement. I would suggets removing the center console again and moving the shifter and pay close attention to all the moving parts. Also, move the shifter at your normal pressure.

Old 02-14-2007, 11:43 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Oh and the pivot bracket should not move, that should be stationary and tight. Only the shaft moves because the bearings is what IT pivots on. The bracket is just the housing for the bearing. The rest of the shifter assembly shouldn't move either...relative to what gear you're moving to.

Quick Reply: shifter help