1st Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 1st gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

1/4 mile times with these mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 12:04 PM
93 ragtop
Record Breaker
Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by T.C.
Well, I barely broke 15 with a very very bad ingition set up using the stock computer. Should be mid to low 14's after I install EZ EFI multiport kit on the dakota. Running magnum 5.9L EQ ported heads, double roller timing change, m1 intake, 4 barrel efi throttle body, full long tube headers dumping into 3inch collectors and dumping under the cab with a h pipe, camshaft 265 int, 274 exh dur@.050: 210 220 lobe degree sep 112.0 valve lift .512 roller , . 55lb injectors, 60psi fuel pressure regulator, msd ignition plugs and wires. Running the stock 46rh trans with a MS quick shifter and trans pak. with a posi 3.92 rear diff.

What is plaguing myself, ignition and timing problems running the stock efiset up. It hates the bigger engine, goes from highly rich to bone lean through the rev range, a very tight torque convertor for the engine. Also skinny non grippy tires, and elevation.

Any suggestions on improvements?

Two things that really stick out to me,
1. 55LB injectors? With a stock computer? My experience is more with GM, but I can imagine needing more then 24 lb injectors for that combo.
As said above, you really need a carb or aftermarket fuel injection......
2. A little higher stall, and then better tires will make a big difference in ET

Quick Reply: 1/4 mile times with these mods