1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

CHeck engine light codes

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 05:52 PM
96dakotaman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CHeck engine light codes

Hello all, Dodge forum newbie here, I also use forums for my Harley and are very informative.
Check engine light issue,- took to get inspected and check engine light cam on, obviously would not test with the light on. Found information on how to clear codes from the OBD, cleared and came back,took to Auto Zone to hook up to their computer for diagnostic. Replaced oxygen sensor at their recommendation. Hooked up cleared codes again, took back down for the re-inspect, 3 of the many codes show "not ready". Tech suggested I drive for 50-60 miles for the OBD to relearn the codes. Sunday toured 3/4 of my county driving 75 miles, took back for the re-inspection, and the codes still showed "not ready". Can anyone tell me how long this takes to ready these codes? I drove another 40 miles yesterday making 110 miles since the codes were cleared, any information woudl be appreciated
Was recomended to post here for possibility of more replies.

Old 11-15-2007, 12:27 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: CHeck engine light codes

Oh okay. Those are tests. It just test those systemsout. The cheaper scanners do not test those systems out. They only read codes. The $2,000 models do the test. Everything is okay if you dont have a check engine light on.

Quick Reply: CHeck engine light codes