1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Really High Oil Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 10:08 PM
alterboy
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Really High Oil Pressure

Where is it?

Old 12-10-2007, 10:28 PM
alterboy
Rookie

ORIGINAL: 92BLACKLS

Damn yea I'm thinking im gonna put some lucas back in there after she burns some more oil down, when I replaced my rear seal behind the drum I just used some synthetic oil and i didn't notice a difference. BTW alterboy not to change subject but your dashboard is really nice and bright, did you change the bulbs behind there because mine is to dull

I am in the process though to change all my dash light to led. They offer brighter bulbs now and you can get about 13 or 14 different colors. I'm going with purple.
No. Regular bulbs although i do have to tap the dash from time to time so they come on.
As for the oil... it always ran high before I changed the oil (castrol syntech 30w)but after it got changed it waseven higher with mopar oil. oh by the way i forgot to mention the picture was taken at 80 mph at2200rpm. I usually run between 75 and 80 on the highways. But even at idle im still above the 3/4 mark. My oil is changed every 3-6k miles and is still as clear as the day it was put it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/77401/0ED045FFC1BD4EBDB7EFFA7D9E26BDC5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-10-2007, 10:44 PM
92BLACKLS
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome lights, good call on thinking about doing the LED setup, i was thinking about doing that myself.

Hmmm around idle thats still high, mines always at 1/4, maybe the pressure gauge might be going? You could take off the oil cap while its running, if theres a lot of air poofing out that will show you if you have blow by and could possibly interfear with the pressure or the pressure gauge, but I'm not to sure about that, just taking a guess.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:45 AM
fox
Veteran

[/quote]
I am in the process though to change all my dash light to led. They offer brighter bulbs now and you can get about 13 or 14 different colors. I'm going with purple.
No. Regular bulbs although i do have to tap the dash from time to time so they come on.
[/quote]

How much does that cost my teacher said something like that can be like $300-400

Old 12-11-2007, 12:22 PM
Nicegy525
Veteran

you need to test your oil pressure to find out if its a pressure problem or a sensor problem. If it really is high, then yiuve got a problem

Old 12-11-2007, 12:48 PM
alterboy
Rookie

ORIGINAL: fox

[How much does that cost my teacher said something like that can be like $300-400
Not true. Leds are vrery inexpensive. Especially if you can do the work yourself. You can buy prewired led with the resistors and sheething to protect the resistor for about a dollar a piece from ebay. Or you can buy your leds in bulk that come with free resistors and do all the work yourself. you can get a hundred from ebay for CHEAP! I already have strobing leds around my stereo. Before iinstalled the strobe module on the lights my wife got pulled over because the leds were too bright and the officer says she cannot have them if other people can see the glare. I still use them though I don't care.My Atty says they are legal because you cannot see the bulbs and the law here dosen't include glare, only the bulb themselves.As for the strobing effect I turn that off so I don't attract more attention. If a cop wants to give me a ticket It's still gonna cost money to defend myself. Plasmaled.com has pre-wired leds (kinda expensive but a little less hasstle. I have pictures of my stereo but i have to get them on my puter. when I get the dash done i will post more pics. I don't have a garage so work is haulted till the weather warms up. Im also lighting my bed with green leds. I got 10 mm green 80,000k led to do that. Its going to be awesome!

Old 12-11-2007, 10:06 PM
fox
Veteran

sweet.....

Iwanted to know cause I hate that ugly green they have on the dash lights, wanna get a bright red or blue but do post some pic
like to see what looks like.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:38 PM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: alterboy
As for the oil... it always ran high before I changed the oil (castrol syntech 30w)but after it got changed it waseven higher with mopar oil. oh by the way i forgot to mention the picture was taken at 80 mph at2200rpm. I usually run between 75 and 80 on the highways. But even at idle im still above the 3/4 mark. My oil is changed every 3-6k miles and is still as clear as the day it was put it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/77401/0ED045FFC1BD4EBDB7EFFA7D9E26BDC5.jpg[/IMG]
Keep in mind, the bulbs used are "white" output, the green is made via the gauge cover, or whatever you want to call it.
Also, remember LEDs have two settings: on, and off. They don't dim.

*edit*
I guess I'll "add" to the discussion. Hook up a direct-reading gauge to the block, and see what it reads. If its really high, I would +1 to the bypass valve being bad.

Old 12-13-2007, 12:49 AM
alterboy
Rookie

Here are 2day pictures. Onewith them on and one with them off. I will be putting Purple on the under the dash to light up the floor board and in my instrument cluster. Green will light up the bed.As for the dim I'm not too concerned about dimming. I drive with all the dashlights off in the dark to watch for deer in the country, I learned the HARD way, and they are all the way up in the city anyway. My stereo has three display dims and a dimmer off that allows me to listen to the stereo withthe in my displayoff. I also installed custom LED map lights in the sunroof bezel. The factory dome is too far back cause of the sunroof to get enough light in the front seats.Anybody know where I can find diamond plate floor mats? No not real diamond plate but I have seen them in a car I towed once and they looked neat. Im taking the carpet out and putting vinyl flooring in becausethe salt, gravel, twigs, oil, and grease have done a number on my carpet.and it looks really bad.

[IMG]local://upfiles/77401/3406E9D585DE4BCBAB2AD0164A9DF6FA.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/77401/1986C64812AF41A680F134A454BCCDDD.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-15-2007, 09:30 PM
alterboy
Rookie

here are night time pictures. I also took one for the custom map lights I installed. They are hidden around front ofthe bezel. It blocks the glare from the lights pretty good and it really helps to see in the front of the truck.

[IMG]local://upfiles/77401/5A08999616B04C16B842873B92B91B74.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/77401/8CCBB6D1CDBE49BAB6E3A442E3151B75.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/77401/C976AD276CB449EDB255DAE85593A4B9.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Really High Oil Pressure