1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

tranny slipping

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 09:42 AM
DukeSupes
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny slipping

This morning I was stopped at a light and upon take off it felt like the tranny slipped just for a second and then grabbed and took off again. I have a DGB - All 4-Speed Automatic Transmissions DGRS - 4-Spd. Automatic 46RH Transmission. I just replaced the tranny fluid and filter a couple months ago. Does anybody recommend a chain store that does transmission work that I can take this to? Or am I all worried about nothing?

Old 02-07-2008, 11:20 AM
OneBadKota
All Star
Default RE: tranny slipping

You may just need a band tightened. I would check around for family owned type transmission shops, they will do a better job than a chain store.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:49 PM
iraqvet
Professional

double check the fluid level after you drive it around for a while....put it in neutral and pull the dipstick while the truck is running and make sure the level is in the window.

Old 02-07-2008, 05:38 PM
DukeSupes
Captain

Yeah, I checked the fluid level after a good warm up drive and its still in the happy medium range. I adjusted the reverse band while I have the pan off but didnt do the forward band. Does anyone know where I can buy the special socket for the band adjustment screw/bolt? Its a square shaped socket.

Quick Reply: tranny slipping