1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Help! no power to fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 02:25 PM
dakotamike216
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! no power to fuel pump

i have a 95 dakota v8 4x4 and i'm not getting power to my fuel pump,i changed the pump,relay checked the ASD relay and still nothing! am i missing somethin? i used a test light on the wires going in to the clip going into the pump and i only get one hot wire,witch only seems to move the gas gauge.i need help! has anyone ran into this befor?

Old 03-15-2008, 12:12 PM
Drako1313
Default RE: Help! no power to fuel pump

ok you should have two power wires. ididnt look at my dakota b4 i got rid of it but if its a four wire connector there is 2 hot wires. you should pull the relay and make sure there is two power wires going to that. if you have two hot wires going in the the raley and the relay tests good then its a broken wire or disconected connector. good luck finding it its gona b wound throught the harness and if your truck is like mine was it will go everywhere. if you got oneuse a meter you can make sure you are geting full voltage. and if u have a wireing diagram use it. try to find how far the power gos and forget about the rest.

Old 03-16-2008, 02:18 AM
dakotamike216
Default RE: Help! no power to fuel pump

I found the problem today! {after putting in a new fuel pump,relay and asd relay} it ended up being a fried wirenear the clip that plugs into the pump.thanks for the help Drako1313..........DakotaMike216

Quick Reply: Help! no power to fuel pump