1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

leaks and floor board full of water

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 12:15 AM
92dak
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leaks and floor board full of water

I have a 92 dakota which when heavy rains come my floor boards fill with water. I have yet to find the leak. I would like some possibilities as to where to start. Thought possible weather stripping but still leaks.

Old 01-04-2005, 02:58 PM
GMsucks
Record Breaker
Default RE: leaks and floor board full of water

Water leaks aren't any fun to find. You actually have to get out the garden hose, make it rain, and look for the source of the water leak.

Old 01-10-2005, 01:51 AM
prowlertech01

if you think you have a weatherstrip or seal leak, try this,,, start the truch ,close all doors and windows,turn the blower fan on high and get a bucket of soapy, soapy water and wash the truck. watch for any bubbles around the door seals and windows. my extended cab 94 dakota had a roof mounted red fire light which when removed left dents in the weatherstrips which i had to replace..if it has air conditioning check the evaperator drain to see it it is plugged.

Old 01-13-2005, 01:02 AM
92 dakota 193k

Mine does the same thing, already replaced the weather strip (passenge side), but went the cheap way with the universal model instead of the outrageously priced dealer "built to fit" model. Wonder if that might make the difference. For that price I guess I'll never know. Shop vac works well.

Old 01-25-2005, 10:59 PM
lilreddakota
Rookie

check heater blower resistor on firewall-water runs down behind hood on firewall and into heater if this is loose. happened to me[:@]dummy left the screws loose i guess

Old 05-21-2005, 09:44 PM
pembroke dude
Professional

is the water on the passenger side ??
if so there may be some sealer missing on a body seam under the wiper cowling i had a wind noise and thats what i found on my truck
i found a T.S.B on mitchel

Old 07-14-2005, 02:32 PM
trukn2004
Rookie

I have the same problem in my truck. i gutted the whole interior and found it leaking from the back window. mine was puddling in the back and then running to the front. the water is entering in between the window and the gasket.so far i replaced the back window and weather stripping,and ran a bead of silicone in between the window and the gasket and then the gasket and the body, but it hasent stopped. im in the process of looking, since i have built a full custom interior(save seats). i talked to a guy who told me to take a hose and run it on the window in small parts until i see the leak again. then he said to move to body seals. good luck i will let you know if i find mine.

Old 07-29-2005, 02:16 PM
trukn2004
Rookie

Found my Leak, it was the back window, just wasent sealed right. now it is waterproof and i finally got the interior in.

Quick Reply: leaks and floor board full of water