1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Roll call! Post up Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 08:28 AM
dobaroy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moparnut38
The frame is bolted and welded just to make sure it all says together with no problems. I know it might be overkill on bolting it but when this is the first real project like this and you dont know anyone to ask about doing something like this thats what ya get but yes I am doing all this in my storage unit that is 14 foot wide and 45 feet deep .
Excellent job . . . bolting and welding was the only way to go. Tell us what you did about the driveshaft.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:08 AM
moparnut38
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well most of the dakota's had that 2 piece shaft(front and the rear) all I needed to do is get the rear one of the 2 piece from a standard cab long box and it bolted right up.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:30 AM
moparnut38
Professional

Originally Posted by pinkfloydeffect
Do you wana sell me a set then? Those in the photo are 14"!? The wheels that came on my Dakota were 14" were yours 15" from the factory? I planned on going with 15" wheels mine are too small.

I like the extended Dakota idea...I always wanted to take a regular cab long bed and cut the end of the bed off after the axle so the tailgate is RIGHT after the rear wheel (I think it would be the same as a regular cab with a 6.5ft bed only if you moved the axle and wheel well back).
yes the ones that are on my truck are 14's. now if I where too use steel wheels on my truck I can run 14's easily but with the aluminum wheel its thicker.
I would rather run 15's as its easier to get tires for that size rim. I would sell you a set for 250.00 + shipping too you and the 15's I am selling are like brand new and not even painted in the centers yet. I can post ya a pic of them if you would like and than you can decide and all ya have to do is give me a city and state with zip code I will get ya a quot on shipping.

These are very hard wheels to find just like this and that is why I have the ones I do as I have had these for many years in storage.

Old 08-12-2012, 12:31 PM
pinkfloydeffect
All Star

yes the ones that are on my truck are 14's. now if I where too use steel wheels on my truck I can run 14's easily but with the aluminum wheel its thicker.
I would rather run 15's as its easier to get tires for that size rim. I would sell you a set for 250.00 + shipping too you and the 15's I am selling are like brand new and not even painted in the centers yet. I can post ya a pic of them if you would like and than you can decide and all ya have to do is give me a city and state with zip code I will get ya a quot on shipping.

These are very hard wheels to find just like this and that is why I have the ones I do as I have had these for many years in storage.
I know haha I've been hunting for quite some time but I'm not ready to purchase at the moment I need new suspension first but I will certainly be barking up your tree in the future at that price!!

Old 08-12-2012, 04:50 PM
moparnut38
Professional

no problem, I have them and I am not going too get rid of them soon as now I know you are interested in them. I had them for 2 years now and they are still in the corner and the only reason I would sell them is if someone on here would want them as I would love too help ya out.

Old 08-12-2012, 07:43 PM
pinkfloydeffect
All Star

no problem, I have them and I am not going too get rid of them soon as now I know you are interested in them. I had them for 2 years now and they are still in the corner and the only reason I would sell them is if someone on here would want them as I would love too help ya out.
Dude yur the best, when you get a chance send me some pictures! Why don't you want the 15's on your truck?

Old 08-18-2012, 05:43 PM
nemesis158
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Figured i'd go take myself an Offroad-y pic:
Name:  offroad.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  584.5 KB

Old 08-19-2012, 11:18 AM
brningram
Default new from ky

Hi to all. Im another newbie hear and just wanted to say hi. My ride is a 93 sle excab shortbed with the magnum 3.9. I bought this truck for $400 and drove it hone. The body is in really good shape other than one small rust hole on right rear wheel arch. Its been a long time but this is not my first dakota I also had an 87 reg cab longbed 3.9 about 15 years ago and regreted selling it. My curent dakota has just under 252k on it and still seams to run strong but I am planning on a rebuild soon as I need this truck to be very dependable. I do have one major question and that is where csn I find new control arms both upper and lower. I have two ball joints that need replaced and the old ones were welded in due to the threads stripping out and I would like to just replace all of them all. well thanks for a great forum and look forward to making new friends.

Old 08-20-2012, 05:17 PM
my93dakota

Hello all, I realized recently that I never "really"posted to the site before. The truck is a 93' 2x4 with the 5.2 which I bought about 1.5 years ago as a yard/get me to the bus station vehicle. has about 134k on it (I've put about 10k on it myself) I'm a bit stupid in the sense that I wasn't going to do any upgrades to it since I have two other cars for that, but who could pass up cheap wheels from a newer Dakota?. I just had to replace the water pump (which is what I just was making a rattling noise when the truck is cold) however I found out that it was the catalytic converter. SO.... I put a magnaflow cat and the Flowmaster duel exhaust from ebay on it. I also replaced the headliner took off and painted the wheel well moldings (literately washed out about 2lbs of dirt behind them) added a amp and sub from another project (already has a newer deck) then to top that off, I added an alarm with keyless entry. Next will be tinted windows, new outer beltline strips. Then I will eventually take it in for a repaint. The night picture makes the paint look much better than it is.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:08 PM
moparnut38
Professional

Originally Posted by brningram
Hi to all. Im another newbie hear and just wanted to say hi. My ride is a 93 sle excab shortbed with the magnum 3.9. I bought this truck for $400 and drove it hone. The body is in really good shape other than one small rust hole on right rear wheel arch. Its been a long time but this is not my first dakota I also had an 87 reg cab longbed 3.9 about 15 years ago and regreted selling it. My curent dakota has just under 252k on it and still seams to run strong but I am planning on a rebuild soon as I need this truck to be very dependable. I do have one major question and that is where csn I find new control arms both upper and lower. I have two ball joints that need replaced and the old ones were welded in due to the threads stripping out and I would like to just replace all of them all. well thanks for a great forum and look forward to making new friends.

I am from Wisconssin and I haave been working on a project Dakota now for over a year and I have been in search of them too andd I have sspent hours on top of hours looking and all I can find are ones that are in the salvage yard used. That would be a way too go as I bought some from a salvage yard here in town and took the ball joints out and had them sand blasted and painted and they look new.

Quick Reply: Roll call! Post up Pics!!!