1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

If Money Was Not An Issue...?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 11:57 AM
pashadowops
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If money were no object....

I'd turn my truck over to Chip Foose and let him go crazy. OverHaul this...hehe

Old 12-15-2008, 06:19 PM
OneBadKota
All Star

526 Hemi, Twin Turbo, 1,000hp+ (attempt to be streetable)
Dana rear end, 4.56 gears
Manual transmission

I would get rid of the current look(even though I love the A-12s)
Cowl inducted hood, all connected to the front clip and using hydraulic shocks to lift the whole front like a Viper. Also, figure a way to be able to remove the clip in case of fire, etc without the shocks.

Interior, keep it as stock as possible, have to remove the bench seat and put in racing seats along with new gauges, but in the stock spots of the stock cluster.

I would get the rear skin for tailgate/rollpan and weld it in, since it's real light. Trim alot of the weight down on it, but keeping the exterior as close to stock as possible.

Some kind of tonneau cover that is light and flush on the opening of the bed, and easily removeable in case of emergency.

There'd be a ton of little things done as well.

No roll cage for me, I'd race it on the track once in awhile... and if it wants to flip with me in it, at least I died happy. >

Old 12-15-2008, 11:43 PM
fox
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OneBadKota
and if it wants to flip with me in it, at least I died happy. >
Amen to that brother!

Old 02-05-2009, 12:18 AM
ramfurykid10

oh wow.
money not an option. lets see
Id start with a 1st Gen Ram probably a '79
Paint it flat black on top and have a red block running along the bottom of the truck.
Jack it up until I can see well into sunroofs and people have to crane to look at me.
Drop a 440 in it with the meanest sounding glass packs you can get your hands on.
Custom TDK bushguard in the front complete with floodlights and winch. probably some kicking sound system that has way too much
frivelous wattage than I need but hey, moneys not an option. To top it off. Saddle blanket seats(what can I say, Im oldfashioned)

Old 02-05-2009, 06:28 PM
lilreddakota
Rookie

money no object,huh? magnum 360 swap, hook up the stacks to make them functional, 2/3 drop, upgrade rear axle, upgrade to 4 wheel discs, 17" stealth wheels, maybe a shaker hood just cuz i can, update to 92-96 front clip never thought much about this before

Old 02-05-2009, 08:47 PM
breakfastboy

If money was no object, I'd bring my 94 right back to the way she looked when she came off the line...

Old 04-20-2009, 01:29 AM
94tbkota
Rookie

Well this has been dormat a lil while now but im new on here and heres my idea its a twist on some of yalls. I would prolly go 440 but upgrade to fuel injected for tuneability and build it to the max but not to much ya know its my dd. As far as tranny get the strongest badest auto i can find and make it fit. In the rear i would say a built 9". I would go full air ride. For paint i would go like a midnight blue with a little pearl. And one way or another im fitting some nice acr viper brakes and wheels.

Old 04-23-2009, 04:40 PM
Eikooc

Well, since money wouldn't be an issue, hypothetically speaking, I'd go with Rockwells front and rear, either a 6BT 24V or a Caterpillar C7 ACERT with a NV5600, and Atlas II t-case. Fully plate and box the frame, custom tube bed/fenders, custom front and rear bumpers, and some really nice hydraulic winches front and rear. Engine tuned to 700hp/1300ft-lb of torque. Rollin' on some 53" XLs with some double beadlocked rims.

Quick Reply: If Money Was Not An Issue...?