1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

New to Dodge

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 07:49 PM
timabrams
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Dodge

Just wanted to drop a line and say "Hey". This Dakota is my first Dodge, and my first truck. Both of my used vehicles before were Ford Broncos. I'm new to this site, but I've contributed my fair share to issues on another site.

Hope to be around for a while, and I hope to be a contributor of useful information...however, I'll be a lurker for a while until I get my "feet under me" with the 318.

Tomorrow's trip to the Parts Store will be to get the ole' faithful Hayne's Guide. Are there any wrong entries in the guide?(I ask because of an auto hub tragedy that cost me a couple hundred bucks).

Well, to end my first post here...

Hey, I'm Tim, and I have a Dodge

Old 12-30-2008, 08:11 PM
codydakota
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny, I'm Tim too! And I have 2 Dodges, welcome to the forum and to Dodge. I personally haven't seen any wrong entries in the Haynes manuals, sometimes they leave a little to be desired, but with a little common sense and patience I've never had a problem.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:49 PM
fox
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum! You will be pleased with the power of these trucks especially when you get some mods on them. Look in the FAQ2 for performance mods. And a side note im not dissin haynes or chilton I still use them today but get a factory manual for your truck off ebay best $50 I ever spent.

Quick Reply: New to Dodge