1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Heater fan resistor block

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 03:06 PM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I can't tell from the pictures, but I'd recommend sealing around the edges too. Just a small, neat bead seal.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:15 PM
maximum_overdrive
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

now it works, when i got this truck i went through and replaced a few blown fuses not knowing what they were for, but after looking at the faq someone put a 5 amp fuse in when its needs to be a 30 for the heater fan. now the fan works but it only works on defrost. but its better than nothing.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:20 PM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

As far as the heater working only on defrost, that is either a vacuum problem (in the event of a loss of vacuum, it will default to defrost position for safety purposes [windshield will be able to stay clear]). Or, there is a fault in the mechanical, which is not allowing the doors to move, and therefor, not allowing air to flow thru the other vents.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:23 PM
pashadowops
Veteran

Originally Posted by dodgerules86
I can't tell from the pictures, but I'd recommend sealing around the edges too. Just a small, neat bead seal.
Yeah those pics were taken before I put the grommet in where the wire comes out. There is a gasket in behind the metal plate to keep the water out and there is a bead of silicone behind the box where it attaches to the firewall.

At first I was afraid that it wouldn't get enough air flow so I didn't put the grommet in but, it gets plenty with the grommet in.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:30 PM
maximum_overdrive

Originally Posted by dodgerules86
As far as the heater working only on defrost, that is either a vacuum problem (in the event of a loss of vacuum, it will default to defrost position for safety purposes [windshield will be able to stay clear]). Or, there is a fault in the mechanical, which is not allowing the doors to move, and therefor, not allowing air to flow thru the other vents.
im almost positive its a vacuum problem. there is a vac. line by the gas pedal and i dont know where it came from. and one is off that comes from the vacuum reservoir under the hood. i cant find the other end for that one either.

Old 03-09-2010, 05:08 PM
dk sport
Rookie

i just fixed mine and all it was is a broken lead and the spads wear the harnes hoked up were corded so i cleaned and it works now

Quick Reply: Heater fan resistor block