1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Accident SUCK

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 11:09 PM
DukeSupes
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accident SUCK

Went to go see my sister in Omaha Nebraska this weekend and welcome my new baby niece into the world. I was 15 miles from home when due to traffic had to stay in the lane I was in and plow through a snow drift on a curve that I didnt see til it was too late. The rear end broke loose and started to whip around. I tried my hardest to keep it in my lane to prevent from hitting anyone but finally lost it completely and it spun around and hit the driver front side into the guard rail. The truck spun around and hit driver rear and began to tip over. The topper hit guard rail and stopped me from going all the way over. But the gaurd rail ripped the topper off. I finally spun around again facing traffic *** end in the ditch. The truck still starts and purrs like a kitten!

I am not trying to complain, my situation is this, my girlfriend lives with me cause she lost her job, I am on a very hot seat job wise with my school district in kansas, and I have liability only insurance so I need to find a new front driver fender, front bumper and bed with tail lights. Does anybody know where I can find these parts dirt cheap? I have tried all my local salvage yards and they havnt stocked any dakotas in months. ANY help would really help. Much appreciated to everyone!!

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/members...-accident.html

Old 03-20-2010, 11:29 PM
95_318SLT
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Your best bet is a local u-pull-it junkyard! You could probably get the parts you need for around $200.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:47 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Sorry not many choices for dirt cheep parts. Yes junkyard is best choice, just keep checking. If you have to check with another outside your city. You can try www.craigslist.com or www.ebay.com There is a post about a guy parting out his truck, I don't know if he is close to you though.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:38 AM
dbilik
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Usually I have good luck on craigslist like Crazy said.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:46 AM
DukeSupes
Captain

Does anybody know if the front fenders off an '88 dakota are the same on a '93?

Old 03-21-2010, 12:51 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes they are the same.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:09 AM
DukeSupes
Captain

Thanks for the info Crazy. I found a few posts on craiglist for some parts trucks for just a few hundred dollars! That beats paying 100 or so for just a fender. Hopefully one of them will pan out and I will be able to have a parts truck!

Thanks for the quick responses guys. This info is really going to help me out!

Old 03-22-2010, 12:52 AM
ZackN920
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You no, to tell you the truth that damage dosnt look bad, just pull the metal from the bumper back around and save your money, and whats wrong with the fender, in the pics it donst look like it has any damage, unless im missing something but if it does just pull it out, now for tha back this would look tacky but just put some red tape over the light and white tape over the back up lights, there ya go, now if your good with metal insted of using a whole nother bed just chop that bad portion out and replace that section of metal

Quick Reply: Accident SUCK