1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Hi a newbie here, have bench to bucket seat question, has anyone done a bucket seat c

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 10:43 PM
Htroddr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the guy i bought it from gave it hell and i haven't been too easy on it either haven't had a problem w/ it so far, yes i do need an automatic i have to admit.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:57 PM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Htroddr
the guy i bought it from gave it hell and i haven't been too easy on it either haven't had a problem w/ it so far, yes i do need an automatic i have to admit.
because of the torque converter it would be more stress on the motor. i just switched my truck over to a manual and couldn't be happier(and more tired). even with the hesitation issues i was having i was still able to light up the tires from a dead stop in 4th gear.

Old 04-17-2010, 12:26 PM
Htroddr

does your truck have a 318? mine has a cam, at the time of install they had no idea what the cam was for or anything just that it was for a smallblock. about 2 months later they found that it was for a 360. the guy didn't like the massive choppy idle so that is how i got it. oh and all is stock, valvesprings everything.just cam.

Old 04-17-2010, 12:37 PM
bill55az
Veteran

does your truck have a 318? mine has a cam, at the time of install they had no idea what the cam was for or anything just that it was for a smallblock. about 2 months later they found that it was for a 360. the guy didn't like the massive choppy idle so that is how i got it. oh and all is stock, valvesprings everything.just cam.
Putting in a bigger lift/longer duration cam, and not making improvements to the intake and exhaust is not a good idea, but it depends on the actual cam.
The 360 2bbl cam is a little better than a 318 and is probably a good choice. for a daily driver.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Htroddr

i think its a 283 or something like that.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:53 PM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker

yeah my truck is a 318. but mine is bone stock. except the transmission which i got out of a 96 ram and the engine wiring.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:56 PM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker

by way my dakota is a 1990 w/ a 318 from a 1970 2-ton flatbed. has 5-spd from original 4 banger. I am building like a drag/street truck have plexiglassed the back window,etc..
are you going to build the frame up like an all time drag truck or are you going with the "its my daily driver with a weekend pass to the strip" kinda thing?

Old 04-18-2010, 03:40 PM
Htroddr

I'm going with daily driver/ drag on weekends kind of thing.

Quick Reply: Hi a newbie here, have bench to bucket seat question, has anyone done a bucket seat c