1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

93 le 2wd control arm problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 09:08 PM
93pdxdakota
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 le 2wd control arm problem

hey im new to the forum and have a couple questions about my dakota that have been worrying/confusing me.

1. i have a problem with the upper control arm. it has to do with the alignment. where you adjust the toe angle near the upper control arm bushings it slips in and out out of position. i have had the bushings replaced before and it helped but didn't solve the problem. it looks like where the notches in the control arm are clamped with the nut has worn away. any ides on how to fix this?

and secondly.
i have been trying to find for a few years performance parts for my dakota that will also pass deq as i live in Oregon and still need to pass deq with it being a 93. any help here?

Old 10-08-2010, 02:25 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

You can try a grinder and recreate the grooves. I had to weld it to the frame to keep it from moving.

What is deg?

Plenty performance parts go to FAQ2 for a list of some. It all depends on what you want to spend and the types of parts you want.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:39 AM
93pdxdakota

its D.E.Q the department of enviromental quality if you live in the portland metro are as i do any vehicle built 1975 or newer must pass a smog test as its know in california.

i would like to know how you welded it together, pic. etc. i have been thinking of finding a newish one in a junk yard around me but dont know if i will have the same problem.

i have read the faq threads before i joined the forum. had usefull info in it but nothing in it really for trucks that still have to pass emissions.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

As far as a pic it is long gone. But very easy to imagine. Weld the bar to the frame. Of coarse get it aligned before it is welded. If needed have the shop do it at the same time.

If it is just a simple emission test then almost anything will pass.
If it is as strict as California rules then you just have to look for 50 state legal parts. But there still are TONS to choose from.

Old 10-09-2010, 04:06 AM
93pdxdakota

understandable that the pic is gone......... i know its not as strict as cali. but do think that it is strict. i will look that up.

side note it would be nice to have a section just for emission regulations.

Quick Reply: 93 le 2wd control arm problem