1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

1990 dodge dakota 3.9lt v6 no spark

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

First of all Like 95_318SLT said we get email notification of a reported post. The post report is to report someone getting out of hand, being rude, obscene, foul language, or spam. Maybe you should re-read the rules (Which you were suppose to when joining)
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...se-read-3.html

Next it literally can be anything. I'm not going to spend an hour writing every possibility.

Next see my first post at my local time of 1:24am. Now some people do sleep at night. Sorry I can't answer posts in my sleep. Can you? Am I obligated to stay up and carry a conversation with you?

Originally Posted by no spark
This is the reason that the user gave:
this guy is shutting me down im looking for a conversation and help not 1 sentence
I wasn't shutting you down. I was SLEEPING!!!!!
And it was 3 sentences.

help me fix this problem!
i double dare you!
I double dare you to open your hood and try. I bet you didn't even pop open the hood. Think about it we are over the Internet. WE CAN'T go through the screen and fix it for you. Get out and try. If you can't do it, take it to a shop who is competent enough to try.

i think i might lower my truck and raise my car hows that sound
LOL! Go ahead I don't care what you do. What is that suppose to hurt me? Am I suppose to start crying? LOL! Oh please!

personally attack? are you for real bud whats wrong with you
the wires are fine somethin is shutting it off it cant go no further for some reason
Yes it is a personal attack. See your quote above. If you feel like something is shutting it down. THEN FIND IT!!!! And how do you know the wires are fine? Did you get a multimeter and test for power, continuity in between the wires? How about the 20 other post each day on this EXACT type of problem. Did you even look at similar posts. Did you do a search before posting up? If don't know what sensors yo do or don't have check with www.autozone.com

Originally Posted by 95_318SLT
If the coil is good, wires are good, and cap/rotor are good, then its a sensor or computer issue. The crankshaft position sensor is a likely culprit and cheaper to replace than the computer, so that makes it a good place to start. If that doesn't fix it, the camshaft position sensor could also cause spark problems. If that does fix it, its likely you have a bad computer.
And back to the tech support, start with what was just said above. If you need more help try buying a service manual, which will show you how to test each sensor wire component.

And I will not be helping in this post no more, it is my choice just like it was my choice to go to sleep. If one of the other 148,627 members want to they can try. I am not the only one on the forum, so don't depend on only 1 of 148,627 people. And tons of other forums.

And by the way I could of personally attack you back with in so many ways, but I really don't care to.

Last edited by Crazy4x4RT; 11-02-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:39 PM
no spark
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

like a couple of little babys crying so they get attention and feel special
i would give ya both a shot in the head and send ya runnin for moms tit

Old 11-02-2010, 04:40 PM
no spark
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

give yer head a shake

Old 11-02-2010, 05:00 PM
95_318SLT
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry bud, you crossed the line. This thread is now locked. Next time don't pick a fight with two section moderators with your first 8 posts on the forum.

Last edited by 95_318SLT; 11-02-2010 at 05:05 PM.

Quick Reply: 1990 dodge dakota 3.9lt v6 no spark