1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

2wd lift SOA

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 09:17 PM
Deerkiller9991
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2wd lift SOA

Alright ive decided that i wanna lift my dak but have a couple questions (going to read up in my haynes manual tonight) but for the SOA is there and junkyard trips, welding, torching etc? or is it simple? and coil spacers in the front to almost level it out (read that it'll add about 5 inches (7in on a diff site) but i have found coil spacers that at 4inches. And this would probably be a 1-2 day job or a few hours?

just wanted some input

Old 02-26-2011, 02:09 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes the SOA swap will do 6-7in. But I say it will be too much.

The fronts you can try to squeeze 4in in. But I doubt it. I had a hell of a time getting 2in in.

When I did my 4wd swap I kept my 2wd rear axle. So I had to do the SOA swap to match stock. All you need is spring perches. You can buy them from www.summitracing.com or tons of other places. I have a local HD spring shop they have tons of small brackets ect made. I picked them up $10. Then do the swap. Set you pinion angle. Once you have it EXACTLY the way you want bolt it all down and get the perches welded on. Go to a muffler shop they can do it for cheep.

Here is a post similar to what your looking for. https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...bolt-flip.html

Quick Reply: 2wd lift SOA