1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Wiper linkage problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011 | 12:06 PM
Soundguy
|
Professional
Default Wiper linkage problem

Part of the linkage jumped off when I turned them on high causing both wipers to quit. It looks like some kind of plastic nut I need, but can't find the part yet.

Any suggestions?

Old 03-28-2011 | 12:17 PM
festerw
Veteran

I'm guessing the wiper bushings are what you need, never had to do them myself but they should be available at any parts store or dealer.

http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Det...+50022+2022006

Old 03-29-2011 | 11:50 AM
Soundguy
|
Professional

Originally Posted by festerw
I'm guessing the wiper bushings are what you need, never had to do them myself but they should be available at any parts store or dealer.

http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Det...+50022+2022006
Thanks! I got an asst. pack of Dorman bushings at the zone, but found out I need more than what's in the package so, I'll be going to Napa to get those.

Old 03-29-2011 | 12:43 PM
kahanabob
Captain

when you install be careful not to get the linkage arms mixed up. take note of upside vs down side they need to go back exactly the same. can easily mix up, i would use some kind of marking system. also when you install new ones they need to pop into the holes on the linkage. I used a vise.........again, take on old one out and install the new one don't pop out all the old ones you will forget which way they go...lastly, change all of them not just the broken one or you will be in there doing it again in no time.....been there done that to my 90.......

Old 03-30-2011 | 05:06 PM
Soundguy
|
Professional

Originally Posted by kahanabob
when you install be careful not to get the linkage arms mixed up. take note of upside vs down side they need to go back exactly the same. can easily mix up, i would use some kind of marking system. also when you install new ones they need to pop into the holes on the linkage. I used a vise.........again, take on old one out and install the new one don't pop out all the old ones you will forget which way they go...lastly, change all of them not just the broken one or you will be in there doing it again in no time.....been there done that to my 90.......
I changed them all and lithium greased 'em too. I had to go to the dealership for one of the bushings....the one with the hole in it. $12.00 for that one.

Oh well, works like new now and hope I don't get stranded on the interstate in a t-storm for awhile.
This link helped some too....
http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Repla...Wiper-Bushings

Quick Reply: Wiper linkage problem