1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

ABS and E Brake light on -.-

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 12:31 AM
Rabid21
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So after I dropped the truck off at the local dodge dealer for some repairs I went to pick it up earlier only to get half way back to work and have it happen again.

Heres what was wrong.
Water had gotten into my wires and corroded a bit of them cause shorts and my fuses to blow.
They failed at fixing it the first time and the fuse that controlled my brake lights and my ABS+Parking Brake light on my dash blew again.

So my truck is still at the dodge dealer in for repairs. I'm not looking forward to tomorrows bill but it better not be terrible considering they screwed up the first time.

Updates will come tomorrow when I pick it up.

BTW PT Cruiser Courtesy cars are fricking hilarious.

Old 06-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Rabid21
Veteran

So after three tries with the Dodge Dealers repair guys I think the trucks finally fixed.
Heres the phases we went through.
First time: A Main fuse had shorted and it was blowing the fuses for my Turn signals and brake lights.
2nd time: They tracked the short to the buzzer for my ignition which was as the service writer put it "Glowing red hot"
3rd time: They pulled out a Heavy duty turn signal module thingamajiger which they're positive was the problem since it was to much for the truck.

This is the first time the truck made it home from the shop without those lights coming back on.

Heres hoping thats a good sign lol.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Wild4x4Dakota96
Location: Lima, Ohio for school and home is Old Saybrook, Connecticut

how much did it cost for the repairs?

Old 06-06-2011, 10:28 PM
Rabid21
Veteran

Well considering the guys at the shop knew about my money situation even though they kept working on the truck I got a pretty awesome deal on the service which I'm very very thankful for lol.

The actual price for the labour was probably close to 700$
Thats including all three tries it took them to find the damn Heavy duty flasher that was messing everything up lol.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Wild4x4Dakota96
Location: Lima, Ohio for school and home is Old Saybrook, Connecticut

Thats not too bad. I know that its a common early dakota problem with the lights. My dash lights dont work and my brake lights are screwed to hell along with my turn signals. My truck overall is screwed. I have a rear bumper from an 03 dakota, transmission is being torn apart, engine is getting heads torn off and probably have burnt valves. Lifter is probably in need of replacement. Its my baby though so I don't want to get rid of it.

Old 06-09-2011, 09:26 AM
JunkDodge24

Hey Im having the problem!!....first I went thru a pothole and my signals are all nutty,,,turn right and the left flashes, or they dont work at all. HAd a mechanic take a quick peak at it and he doesnt thinks its a connection but the flasher relay he said is up in the dash somewhere. No last night my ABS light Ebrake came and is still there...this truck is one fugged up POS...something new everyday. Now my check engine light went off for a seperate issue and this is going on. Im kinda givin up on it. 04 5.7L Hemi 54K miles and it acts like 250 K.

Quick Reply: ABS and E Brake light on -.-