1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 01:46 PM
MoparDakota
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help

Alright my dakota is a 5.2 318 5 speed the thing is completely nutless its like slow motion when you hit the gas and theres no get up and go in any gear really. The truck idles a little funny a couple of mechanics i know told me it sounds like its missing i already knew that one though. But it wont sink into my head because it has new plugs, wires, cap, rotor button also has a new coil so tell me what could be causing it to miss ? The truck also has no cat so it couldnt be a clogged cat either and the truck also back fires when you down shift or shift in general some times not sure about that one either other then my flowmaster might be blown out so its not creating back pressure. But the truck also smokes some blue and i have heavier oil in it and a oil stabilizer and it still smokes if anyone could help me out it would be great thanks. MoparDakota

Old 07-28-2011, 01:54 PM
festerw
Veteran

Are you positive the plug wires are on correctly, I've tripled checked mine when replacing only to find a day later I screwed it up anyway.

Old 07-28-2011, 02:17 PM
MoparDakota

You know i wondered if the kid even gave me the right wires in the first place because all of my new wires where either to long or to short none of them where the same size as the wires on the truck when i changed them which makes me wonder if there even right.