1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Need help with my 92 Dakota.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 11:50 PM
D3v0nWh1t3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with my 92 Dakota.

Hi, I have a 92 Dakota v8 5.2L, about a week after I bought the wipers stopped working. I replaced the wiper motor, it worked till about a mile down the road when the turn signal switch started smoking and wipers turned off. So I replaced the switch. It worked for a couple weeks than the intermittent stopped working, then they stopped working altogether. So I replaced both wiper motor and and turn signal switch. The fuse was blown twice during all this. I'm not sure what to do next, any suggestions?

Old 09-17-2012, 12:19 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Sounds like a wiring problem, there is a short somewhere. We have the factory service manual which has the wiring diagrams, it is a free download in the FAQ in this section just a few posts above this one.

Old 09-17-2012, 12:21 PM
WRXCarl
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like said above I'd follow all the wire around and see if you can't find a problem. I know when I bought my truck the little black box under the dash for interminet wiperes got unplugged and that was my problem. Sounds like your is a bit worse though.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:44 PM
volaredon
Record Breaker
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

linkage problem/binding? I know I have "something like that" going on with my 93 but havent had the chance to check it out and see; sometimes the driver wiper goes past the glass and gets hung up on the jamb; and I gotta "bump" the wiper back onto the glass then sometimes it does fine within its normal range.... never blown a fuse (surprised) but I get tired of opening my driver window in the rain to relieve the hung up wiper when it decides to act up.

Quick Reply: Need help with my 92 Dakota.