1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Has anyone found a rollover valve

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 12:42 PM
cazrnbsn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1993 Dakota Club Cab with a 3.9L V6 Standard. Broke my rollover valve just barely pulling on the hose. Definitely a dry-rot issue and needs to be replaced. pic taken right after removing the bed. Washed before disassembly to prevent dirt from getting in. Nasty!

I took the whole bed off to work on this. Much easier access. The replacement fuel pump was easy enough to find. Finally went with an aftermarket Martin brand 4762996 or 4762405 for just a little over $50 on Ebay.
Other manufacturers and part #'s:
  • Precision A30048
  • Delphi - DFG0206
  • Spectra - D115M
  • Carquest - E7050M (didn't get good reviews)
  • Delphi - FG0206
  • Denso - 953-3069
  • Bosch - 67614
  • Delphi Series 7000 - E3001149016DEL
  • AAP Aftermarket - FMD010392
  • I'm sure there are others but these are the ones I looked at.
But the Rollover Valve? Heh, Mopar Part #04279941 is a wash.....it's been discontinued and no aftermarket part available. Dorman makes a part 911-001 or 911-061 but I'm finding those may not work either. No work-around offered by the Dodge Dealership or local Auto Parts Places....that's O'Reilly's, Autozone, or Advanced Auto. Finally found a piece that may work and waiting for it now.

It's a Mopar Part # J5360058 for Crown Chrysler Jeep.
http://www.cdjrmoparparts.com/oem-pa...NjgwNCZyPTc%3D .

The Grommet is also a Mopar Part # 52018823 found at:
http://www.cdjrmoparparts.com/oem-pa...ommet-52018823 .

Now remember these are OEM and you can find aftermarket parts for much cheaper on EBay, Amazon, or many of the online Auto Parts stores.

I even found one (not willing to take the risk) for a little over $7 and that included the grommet fitting at:
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?sku=13937&gclid=Cj0KCQjwvuDPBRDnARIsAGhu AmY0CyojsuOUDWlS0KW6AGia2w3bZuWeJFMTFrpTgnPfSdmfDN fcWdoaAqZrEALw_wcB

Now these work-around replacement Rollover valves don't look anything like the OEM originals but they do the same job with a change in the way they're constructed. They're supposed to relieve excess fuel tank pressure and prevent gas from leaking out of the tank if you flip your vehicle. If you're going to do your own online search, here's some of the verbiage for the part:
  • Fuel Tank Vent Valve,
  • Fuel Tank Rollover Valve,
  • Pressure Sensor Valve,
  • Pressure Relief Valve,
  • Pressure Relief/Rollover Valve,
  • Rollover Valve,
  • Fuel Tank Vent Rollover Valve, and
  • Vapor Valve.
Funny hunh? Everybody has a different name for the same part. I think it's stupid and makes searching for this a whole lot harder; That's like calling an Alternator a Magnetic Induction Voltage Stepdown Charging Unit ! ! ! Hah, I just made that up! Hope this painstaking research helps some of you. Let me know. I'll post my results and pics after the install. Here's a pic of the assembly.
Diagram of Fuel Pump Components for a 1993 Dodge Dakota Club Cab Sport 3.9L V6 Standard. Others may vary a bit.

Last edited by cazrnbsn; 11-01-2017 at 02:01 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:55 PM
onemore94dak
Champion
Received 132 Likes on 124 Posts

Here is the solution to this problem a new replacement of a different brand. https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...fuel-pump.html

This fix is also on the FAQ page just above the Fluid Capacities section.

Old 06-02-2018, 07:34 PM
Kelby Letchworth

Originally Posted by cazrnbsn
1993 Dakota Club Cab with a 3.9L V6 Standard. Broke my rollover valve just barely pulling on the hose. Definitely a dry-rot issue and needs to be replaced. pic taken right after removing the bed. Washed before disassembly to prevent dirt from getting in. Nasty!

I took the whole bed off to work on this. Much easier access. The replacement fuel pump was easy enough to find. Finally went with an aftermarket Martin brand 4762996 or 4762405 for just a little over $50 on Ebay.
Other manufacturers and part #'s:
  • Precision A30048
  • Delphi - DFG0206
  • Spectra - D115M
  • Carquest - E7050M (didn't get good reviews)
  • Delphi - FG0206
  • Denso - 953-3069
  • Bosch - 67614
  • Delphi Series 7000 - E3001149016DEL
  • AAP Aftermarket - FMD010392
  • I'm sure there are others but these are the ones I looked at.
But the Rollover Valve? Heh, Mopar Part #04279941 is a wash.....it's been discontinued and no aftermarket part available. Dorman makes a part 911-001 or 911-061 but I'm finding those may not work either. No work-around offered by the Dodge Dealership or local Auto Parts Places....that's O'Reilly's, Autozone, or Advanced Auto. Finally found a piece that may work and waiting for it now.

It's a Mopar Part # J5360058 for Crown Chrysler Jeep.
http://www.cdjrmoparparts.com/oem-pa...NjgwNCZyPTc%3D .

The Grommet is also a Mopar Part # 52018823 found at:
http://www.cdjrmoparparts.com/oem-pa...ommet-52018823 .

Now remember these are OEM and you can find aftermarket parts for much cheaper on EBay, Amazon, or many of the online Auto Parts stores.

I even found one (not willing to take the risk) for a little over $7 and that included the grommet fitting at:
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/ite...oaAqZrEALw_wcB

Now these work-around replacement Rollover valves don't look anything like the OEM originals but they do the same job with a change in the way they're constructed. They're supposed to relieve excess fuel tank pressure and prevent gas from leaking out of the tank if you flip your vehicle. If you're going to do your own online search, here's some of the verbiage for the part:
  • Fuel Tank Vent Valve,
  • Fuel Tank Rollover Valve,
  • Pressure Sensor Valve,
  • Pressure Relief Valve,
  • Pressure Relief/Rollover Valve,
  • Rollover Valve,
  • Fuel Tank Vent Rollover Valve, and
  • Vapor Valve.
Funny hunh? Everybody has a different name for the same part. I think it's stupid and makes searching for this a whole lot harder; That's like calling an Alternator a Magnetic Induction Voltage Stepdown Charging Unit ! ! ! Hah, I just made that up! Hope this painstaking research helps some of you. Let me know. I'll post my results and pics after the install. Here's a pic of the assembly.
Diagram of Fuel Pump Components for a 1993 Dodge Dakota Club Cab Sport 3.9L V6 Standard. Others may vary a bit.
did this valve work for you?

Old 02-27-2021, 04:26 PM
Debee

I’m looking for this part or a fix without having to purchase the entire tank and assembly please. It’s a 3 way valve .. very brittle. Broke upon removing. Please advise Thank you 🙏🏻

Looking for replacement part

Broke the nipple from the attachment

Trying not to purchase entire fuel tank

Please advise and or hep. Thank you 🙏🏻

Close up

Quick Reply: Has anyone found a rollover valve