1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

93 dak, rough shifts,no power,

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 09:00 PM
Suzonda
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Toby Warford
Shows your ignorance even more. The rookie tag has absolutely no bearing on knowledge. And its obvious you don't know your *** from a hole in the ground. Please don't ever give advice to anyone here ever again. Others won't always be able to correct your stupidity
Are you an admin? No. Do you own the forum? No? Do you have any authority over who's able to say what? Absolutely not. I suggest you learn your place is with the rest of us. The ONLY people that have the say in who can post are the Admins. Period.

Old 08-10-2016, 09:57 PM
Toby Warford
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Suzonda
Are you an admin? No. Do you own the forum? No? Do you have any authority over who's able to say what? Absolutely not. I suggest you learn your place is with the rest of us. The ONLY people that have the say in who can post are the Admins. Period.
I suggest you learn how systems work on these trucks.

Old 08-12-2016, 06:51 AM
RalphP
Champion
Received 372 Likes on 343 Posts

Ahem. When my cat was plugged, my "transmission would late shift, down shift at the slightest provocation, and tend to keep the torque converter unlocked". This wasn't a transmission problem, but was an exhaust problem causing me to have to give it more throttle; this was causing the 34RH to downshift and stay in lower gears due to how much throttle I was giving the truck until I could get that fixed.

So, here's a case that a plugged exhaust "caused a transmission problem."

Don't say "never", Toby. Quite a few people will end up with "water in the carb" type problems, so we (TINW) have to ask questions, not insult people.

RwP

Old 08-12-2016, 01:31 PM
Toby Warford
Banned

Originally Posted by RalphP
Ahem. When my cat was plugged, my "transmission would late shift, down shift at the slightest provocation, and tend to keep the torque converter unlocked". This wasn't a transmission problem, but was an exhaust problem causing me to have to give it more throttle; this was causing the 34RH to downshift and stay in lower gears due to how much throttle I was giving the truck until I could get that fixed.

So, here's a case that a plugged exhaust "caused a transmission problem."

Don't say "never", Toby. Quite a few people will end up with "water in the carb" type problems, so we (TINW) have to ask questions, not insult people.

RwP
Touche. BUT, the cat was already said. And having a clogged cat is no way in the same way in having an exhaust flow TOO much. I stand by my point.

Old 08-12-2016, 06:46 PM
Suzonda
Rookie

Thank you Ralph. We don't know until he tries it. I know some people like to think their opinion is the only one that matters (^) and no one else is allowed to have one, BUT since Jay mentioned he was thinking about going back to stock, it wouldn't hurt. THIS way we know for sure if it actually is exhaust related. Other than the kickdown and TC, there's no other way these issues can be happening. It doesn't hurt to try, now does it?

Old 08-12-2016, 06:51 PM
Toby Warford
Banned

Thank you Ralph. We don't know until he tries it. I know some people like to think their opinion is the only one that matters (^) and no one else is allowed to have one, BUT since Jay mentioned he was thinking about going back to stock, it wouldn't hurt. THIS way we know for sure if it actually is exhaust related. Other than the kickdown and TC, there's no other way these issues can be happening. It doesn't hurt to try, now does it?
Because your opinion is WRONG. you're too stupid to see that. There's no reason to change something when it CANNOT be part of the issue.

No other way these issues can be happing besides TC and kickdown huh? Guess you've never heard of o2 sensor, bad ignition parts, and a speed sensor then huh? With every reply youre furthering how much of an idiot you are.

Old 08-12-2016, 07:16 PM
Suzonda
Rookie

Originally Posted by Toby Warford
Because your opinion is WRONG. you're too stupid to see that. There's no reason to change something when it CANNOT be part of the issue.

No other way these issues can be happing besides TC and kickdown huh? Guess you've never heard of o2 sensor, bad ignition parts, and a speed sensor then huh? With every reply youre furthering how much of an idiot you are.
And with every reply you're making you're just asking for a ban that much more with each letter you type. Do us all a favor... put your big girl panties on and learn to play along or see yourself out. Bull**** like yours isn't tolerated anywhere.

Old 08-12-2016, 07:20 PM
Toby Warford
Banned

And with every reply you're making you're just asking for a ban that much more with each letter you type. Do us all a favor... put your big girl panties on and learn to play along or see yourself out. Bull**** like yours isn't tolerated anywhere.
Maybe if you wouldn't post BS advice people wouldn't be calling you out on it. Put your little kids panties on and realize your wrong and sound like a moron and we can all move on.

Old 08-12-2016, 07:21 PM
Suzonda
Rookie

Originally Posted by toby warford
maybe if you wouldn't post bs advice people wouldn't be calling you out on it. Put your little kids panties on and realize your wrong and sound like a moron and we can all move on.
enjoy your ban! No one will miss you!

Old 08-12-2016, 07:23 PM
Toby Warford
Banned

enjoy your ban! No one will miss you!
Lol, whatever you say. Enjoy being a retard the rest of your life. But remember, its never too late to learn. Which you have a lot of learning to do.

Quick Reply: 93 dak, rough shifts,no power,