1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Help! 92 dakota v6 3.9l died and wont start

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 09:17 PM
volaredon
Record Breaker
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

your code 11 is something to do with the crank sensor...

Old 05-01-2017, 11:18 PM
ragged89
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevorlb90
I will check thay out tomorrow but i really hope nothing fell in there because it is all by feel... No good line of sight on the crank sensor socket
You can probably tell more about whether something is in there by looking at the business end of the crank sensor. I had one that had the end sheared off by coming into contact with the flywheel ring. Truck started, ran for a few seconds, then died and would not start.

If you really want to look down the notch where the sensor mounts to see if you can spot anything, try a smartphone camera. I've had good results using mine to find an oil leak at the base of the distributor. Just turn the flash on, stick it down there and click away at several different angles.

Old 05-02-2017, 12:14 AM
Trevorlb90
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guys ended up being the hall effect sensor... Now i only have 2 problems left to try and fix..
1. Transmission is showing beginning stages of slipping in first gear. It is an automatic. Is there anything i can do to prevent it from going out or to extend lifetime? Recently did a flush with new filter and tranny pan.
2. Does anyone knkw of a cheap website to order a driver side door? Bottom hinge is busted and door leans

Old 05-02-2017, 12:47 AM
RalphP
Champion
Received 368 Likes on 340 Posts

Ok guys ended up being the hall effect sensor... Now i only have 2 problems left to try and fix..
1. Transmission is showing beginning stages of slipping in first gear. It is an automatic. Is there anything i can do to prevent it from going out or to extend lifetime? Recently did a flush with new filter and tranny pan.
2. Does anyone knkw of a cheap website to order a driver side door? Bottom hinge is busted and door leans
1. Follow the instructions in the factory service manual and adjust the bands. Otherwise, save up for a transmission rebuild or replacement.

2. Car-Part.COM and search for someone close enough to drive to. Or, what I had done, was to have the hinge rewelded to the door; fixed THAT right up!

RwP

Old 05-02-2017, 11:40 AM
robertmee
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know where you're at, but there's one on CL near me: https://raleigh.craigslist.org/pts/6072925476.html