1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

1st Gen Thanks1giving

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 10:27 AM
onemore94dak
Champion
Received 134 Likes on 126 Posts
Default 1st Gen Thanks1giving

It's that time of year and we don't generally go off topic here as everyone is so focused on genuinely helping each other get their 1st gen Dak's running right. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on here for helping me learn about my Dakota and getting it running better.

Old 11-22-2017, 12:33 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts
Old 11-22-2017, 01:58 PM
93 ragtop
Record Breaker
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

I agree!! This is my favorite forum anymore.....

Old 11-25-2017, 07:49 AM
robertmee
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happy Holidays!

Old 11-28-2017, 08:04 PM
dakotagirl2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thankful for ABS fix

Originally Posted by onemore94dak
It's that time of year and we don't generally go off topic here as everyone is so focused on genuinely helping each other get their 1st gen Dak's running right. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on here for helping me learn about my Dakota and getting it running better.
I'm thankful also for all the help I've found here and online in general that helped me diagnose, locate and replace my ABS module. I inherited my father's 1995 MagnumV6 Dakota.this year after my mother decided to sell it since she'd had it for 5 yrs and never drove it. I also was tired of trying to maintain it for her since she lives 2 hrs away. The dealer wanted $800 bucks for a new module and that didn't include the labor. I've learned enough online to take the dash apart, jump the connector for the code, buy a reman module and replace the module. Cost- $110 and lots of hours reading online and watching utube videos. Now I have no brake or ABS light on the dash and I sleep better at night THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

Old 12-13-2017, 01:31 PM
Josephrking
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dakotagirl2
I'm thankful also for all the help I've found here and online in general that helped me diagnose, locate and replace my ABS module. I inherited my father's 1995 MagnumV6 Dakota.this year after my mother decided to sell it since she'd had it for 5 yrs and never drove it. I also was tired of trying to maintain it for her since she lives 2 hrs away. The dealer wanted $800 bucks for a new module and that didn't include the labor. I've learned enough online to take the dash apart, jump the connector for the code, buy a reman module and replace the module. Cost- $110 and lots of hours reading online and watching utube videos. Now I have no brake or ABS light on the dash and I sleep better at night THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!
would you happen to have the link on getting the abs code to show? I’m currently having this problem. I’ve changed the abs speed sensor and abs relay. But of course the dash lights are still on..

thanks