1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Driver side window

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 06:22 PM
Sauldakota
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver side window

I am missing the driver side window. I went to the pick and pull and they have one but I don't know how to take the window out. It has like 2 rivets attatched to it. Any help guys? Thanks

Old 12-18-2017, 07:51 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Please provide your vehicle info.

Old 12-19-2017, 05:45 PM
Sauldakota

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Please provide your vehicle info.
it is a 1992 dodge dakota

Old 12-19-2017, 07:29 PM
RalphP
Champion
Received 372 Likes on 343 Posts

Originally Posted by Sauldakota
it is a 1992 dodge dakota
Regular cab? Extended? Crew? (That may make a difference).

But in general ... the attached PDF is the page from the factory service manual.

Hrmm ... I REALLY need to do a macro key on buying the FSM *grins*

RwP

Attached Files
The following users liked this post:
Phred62 (08-31-2024)
Old 12-19-2017, 07:35 PM
Sauldakota

Originally Posted by RalphP

But in general ... the attached PDF is the page from the factory service manual.

RwP
It's s regular cab

Old 12-19-2017, 07:53 PM
Sauldakota

RwP
Wow, I need to get that manual. Do you know what tool they are talking about and where to get one?

Old 12-19-2017, 09:43 PM
RalphP
Champion
Received 372 Likes on 343 Posts

Originally Posted by Sauldakota
Wow, I need to get that manual. Do you know what tool they are talking about and where to get one?
Check Ebay and RockAuto (and Bishko; but Bishko is MSRP, whereas RockAuto is discounted) for paper and PDF-on-DVD for the manual for your truck.

As to the Miller Tool C-4867 - that's no longer in production, but looking at this picture off AutoZone (
) I bet a large spatula would do the trick. I kind of hope so; I've got the opposite problem (can't get the slider installed!!)

If you pull the glass, consider ordering a set of sliders also (for your 1992, and my 1988, it's https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-115...ide&origin=YMM )

Each Dorman package has two, so one package per truck.

RwP

The following users liked this post:
Phred62 (08-31-2024)
Old 12-19-2017, 09:48 PM
Sauldakota

Check Ebay and RockAuto (and Bishko; but Bishko is MSRP, whereas RockAuto is discounted) for paper and PDF-on-DVD for the manual for your truck.

As to the Miller Tool C-4867 - that's no longer in production, but looking at this picture off AutoZone (
) I bet a large spatula would do the trick. I kind of hope so; I've got the opposite problem (can't get the slider installed!!)

If you pull the glass, consider ordering a set of sliders also (for your 1992, and my 1988, it's https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-115...ide&origin=YMM )

Each Dorman package has two, so one package per truck.

RwP
awesome thank you bro!!!!

Old 12-20-2017, 01:33 PM
onemore94dak
Champion
Received 134 Likes on 126 Posts

If you are trying to get the two in the glass channel loose you might consider removing the track on that side. there are two Phillips head screws one near the top and one near the bottom of the window. the base of the track is held by a plastic piece which is held on by two screws at the bottom. You have to remove the interior door panel. Once you release those three points (probably do bottom guide inside door first) you will be able to pull the track up and out from the JY truck. This will let you know how to deal with installing it on yours. Those two track guides are plastic and clip on through holes in the glass.

Old 12-20-2017, 03:57 PM
87longbed

Originally Posted by onemore94dak
If you are trying to get the two in the glass channel loose you might consider removing the track on that side. there are two Phillips head screws one near the top and one near the bottom of the window. the base of the track is held by a plastic piece which is held on by two screws at the bottom. You have to remove the interior door panel. Once you release those three points (probably do bottom guide inside door first) you will be able to pull the track up and out from the JY truck. This will let you know how to deal with installing it on yours. Those two track guides are plastic and clip on through holes in the glass.
In doing this I would recommend first attaching the plastic piece that will be riveted to the window to the arm first and then dropping the window down and riveting it in. The reason is that once the window is off the window arm (a wheel that goes inside the track) it's a pain to do it without all the other weatherstripping removed (as described in this quoted post).

Quick Reply: Driver side window