What can a dakota haul? - Page 3 - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Trucks > Dodge Dakota > 1st Gen Dakota Tech
Reload this Page >

What can a dakota haul?

1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

What can a dakota haul?

Old 01-07-2019, 12:55 PM
93 ragtop
Record Breaker

Where do you read that I am mad at you?
All I have done was correct your assumptions about my truck!!
Then you say. "Well then it's because your rear suspension is completely rebuilt. And so I would then ask what springs you used for your rear suspension?"
I answered that assumption of (completely rebuilt) and told you what springs I have. The orig. ones

Then you ask, "And to come back to what you originally posted, what's the point of all this?"
Again, I answered with a copy and paste of the first paragraph!! Which it seems you never read.

Promoting my truck?
All I was doing in this thread ,was posting up pictures for my friends on this forum to see and to add conversation to the forum......
No personal profit in any of this for me, other then to share ideas, and see ideas from others on here.

FWIW last week, I made an incorrect assumption concerning headlights.....
Ralph corrected it, and Im glad he did!!
I would rather admit that I was wrong, then for someone to take what I said "incorrectly" and go with it.
There is too much of that on the internet already.

Again, I am not mad at you.......

Old 01-09-2019, 03:50 PM
crazyjerry
Professional

had mine 800lb over gvwr with load of dirt

Old 01-31-2019, 09:17 PM
Azboyinmi
Veteran

Tbudgen that snowman idea was funny. Did you drive it down the road like that?
and if you're having squatting issues with a load you should try adding a set of shocks with airbags on them to help with load leveling.
They work pretty good and u just air them up with your home air compressor with the truck already loaded then let the air out once you're empty.
I'm actually thinking about adding a second set of brackets to my rear end so I can Install a set with Lynch pins so I can take them on and off easy and only put them on when towing

Old 02-02-2019, 05:52 PM
ZackN920
Record Breaker

I don't know what my truck weighs (Long bed single cab 2wd 3.9 A999auto) but I had a total weight of little over 6000 lbs. on a scrapping trip. 2 of us in the truck, so about 380 lbs. of people weight! Can't remember what it said when we were unloaded. Back of truck pretty much just evened out with the front. It might have been just a bit nose high though. I know I liked the stance of it better that way! I don't think the rear was that close to the bump stops. I've seen 1 once, that was on its bump stops. The *** looked like it was about to drag on the ground!

Old 02-03-2019, 09:02 AM
93 ragtop
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ZackN920 View Post
I don't know what my truck weighs (Long bed single cab 2wd 3.9 A999auto) but I had a total weight of little over 6000 lbs. on a scrapping trip. 2 of us in the truck, so about 380 lbs. of people weight! Can't remember what it said when we were unloaded. Back of truck pretty much just evened out with the front. It might have been just a bit nose high though. I know I liked the stance of it better that way! I don't think the rear was that close to the bump stops. I've seen 1 once, that was on its bump stops. The *** looked like it was about to drag on the ground!

Just as a point of reference, mine is basically same as yours, except, have 4wd, and manual transmission. Empty, mine is about 4100 to 4160 depending on gas etc. Edit to add that is with me in the truck 190-200 lbs

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What can a dakota haul?

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: