What can a dakota haul? - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Trucks > Dodge Dakota > 1st Gen Dakota Tech
Reload this Page >

What can a dakota haul?

1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

What can a dakota haul?

  #1  
Old 07-03-2018, 03:25 PM
93 ragtop
93 ragtop is offline
Record Breaker
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Va
Posts: 1,155
Default What can a dakota haul?

Well we know this question comes up around here quite a bit.

Today, I was scraping out some old AC units.....

I had 2404 lbs on the truck
Below are pictures with the load and pictures without.
No real point to this other then just for conversation.

Here are pictures empty.




And here are pictures of the load




Here are a couple side pictures with the load at the same location the empty pictures were taken




Last, here is a picture showing the weight.




Thought this may be of interest to some of you!!
 
  #2  
Old 07-03-2018, 03:31 PM
93 ragtop
93 ragtop is offline
Record Breaker
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Va
Posts: 1,155
Default

Wanted to add these two.


 
  #3  
Old 07-03-2018, 04:24 PM
HeyYou's Avatar
HeyYou
HeyYou is offline
Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Clayton MI
Posts: 55,574
Default

Doesn't really look like it is squatting that bad. Was it down on the bump stops yet?
 
  #4  
Old 07-03-2018, 05:32 PM
onemore94dak
onemore94dak is offline
Record Breaker
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,550
Default

Looks like your 87 can handle more than mine. I have new leaf springs that are supposed to be good for 2250 each and new shocks and I was carrying 1260lbs with 720 behind the wheel wells and the rest over the axle and the bed looked like yours from the side but the front end was pointing up. Probably load distribution I wanted to be able to unload it easy so I didn't try to set it forward of the axle. Empty it sits with the rear end up a couple inches since I put in the new suspension parts.
 
  #5  
Old 07-03-2018, 08:10 PM
93 ragtop
93 ragtop is offline
Record Breaker
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Va
Posts: 1,155
Default

Originally Posted by HeyYou View Post
Doesn't really look like it is squatting that bad. Was it down on the bump stops yet?



No, I did not look to see how close it was.....
 
  #6  
Old 07-03-2018, 08:25 PM
93 ragtop
93 ragtop is offline
Record Breaker
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Va
Posts: 1,155
Default

Originally Posted by onemore94dak View Post
I was carrying 1260lbs with 720 behind the wheel wells and the rest over the axle and the bed looked like yours from the side but the front end was pointing up. Probably load distribution I wanted to be able to unload it easy so I didn't try to set it forward of the axle. Empty it sits with the rear end up a couple inches since I put in the new suspension parts.




I had the compressors (1950lbs) from the wheels forward. The other 450 was wheels back.
 
  #7  
Old 07-10-2018, 08:00 AM
smokin1994's Avatar
smokin1994
smokin1994 is offline
Professional
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 134
Default



6-8 frame beehives
 
  #8  
Old 07-10-2018, 08:04 AM
smokin1994's Avatar
smokin1994
smokin1994 is offline
Professional
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 134
Default

I bought my 94 from a scrapper, hence the drooping in the rear.

The previous owner never changed the oil.

The filter was 4 years old, and the oil black as the Ace of Spades.

From Arkansas, the truck is still in good shape. Has A/C!!!
 
  #9  
Old 07-10-2018, 02:23 PM
HeyYou's Avatar
HeyYou
HeyYou is offline
Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Clayton MI
Posts: 55,574
Default

Originally Posted by smokin1994 View Post
I bought my 94 from a scrapper, hence the drooping in the rear.

The previous owner never changed the oil.

The filter was 4 years old, and the oil black as the Ace of Spades.

From Arkansas, the truck is still in good shape. Has A/C!!!
And faded paint on horizontal surfaces. Oh, gee, that comes as a big surprise.

Good lookin' still though.
 
  #10  
Old 01-06-2019, 09:57 AM
smokin1994's Avatar
smokin1994
smokin1994 is offline
Professional
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 134
Default


Water heaters...
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What can a dakota haul?


Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: