1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Dont you just love it..

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 07:03 PM
trackinspectorjim
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dont you just love it..

[IMG][/IMG]when youre sitting in your living room on your day off, wife is reading a book and the kids are playing video games and then BAMMMMMMMM you look outside to see that some kid was flying down the road in his lil Edge Ranger pickup..lost control and ran into your driveway and knocked the crap outta your Dakota? That happened to me ohh bout 2 hours ago. Ya know it really sucks man! Thankfully though the kid was okay and his insurance is gonna pay for the damage..least thats what the deputy said who came n wrote out the accident report. Says its the kids fault, even his dad who showed up said that these young kids dont know how to handle theirselves in weather (its been raining for like 3 days, really hard). Anywho now my poor 88 has the whole drivers side taken out..see pics below..man this sucks. Just wanted to vent..

Old 09-24-2006, 07:50 PM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Dont you just love it..

That sucks!
Hope the insurance pays up, and shes as good as before the accident (or better ). Let us know when the trucks all fixed.
BTW.. no pics are showin up

Old 09-24-2006, 10:47 PM
trackinspectorjim
Old 09-24-2006, 10:53 PM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Man, that sucks.
Theres a little bit of work to be done on that!
At least the kid was ok, and no one else was involved.

Old 09-24-2006, 11:03 PM
trackinspectorjim

Yeah it tore up his Ranger pretty good too. Anyways I hope that his insurance company's adjuster doesnt want to total it out. Ive grown fond of the truck. Kinda had bad luck with vehicles lately. My ford car was broken down in walmart parking lot, got the part to fix it and went up and there and DUH DUH DUMMM my license plate is missing. I called WV state patrol and reported...couple of days later i get a phone call from a lady trooper from the Ohio state patrol...seems some guy was down here in southern WV working and needed a good plate and mine was apparently good enough LOL. Anyways the WV state starts chasing him in Huntington, he wrecks and limps across the line into Ironton Ohio and ZAP she busts him soon as he gets across the line....man my luck has been just awful lately!

Old 09-25-2006, 04:43 PM
jamie
Professional

Poor guy! Sorry to hear about your truck! Id kill a kid if he did that to mine, your handling it well. lol. hope your luck changes soon!

Old 09-25-2006, 05:53 PM
trackinspectorjim

Well 1st degree aint on my mind (yet, depends on what his insurance adjuster says) LOL. Anyways i remember being young and hot shot and all that...thought i could handle a vehicle as well as Mario Andretti. Thank God i never hit anyone, cant say that about hitting anything though. LOL! All in all I dont know if the truck will be salvageable (sic) or not. Its amazing what they can do with body work nowadays, just hope the frame aint damaged.

Old 09-28-2006, 09:24 PM
erock92kota
Professional

That really sucks. Me really glad I park away from the road and in the garage. I hope things get better for ya soon. Thats deffinitly a bad luck spell your going through.

Quick Reply: Dont you just love it..