1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

installed cd player. now no interior lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 09:49 PM
pashadowops
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: installed cd player. now no interior lights

ORIGINAL: dodgerules86

Hey, here are the wiring diagrams that include the dome light, courtesy lamp (passenger side foot area), ash tray, and cigar lighter lights.
The radio gets juice via (normal size) fuse2 (in the "black box"), which gets juice from (big size) fuse F.

I'm sure it must be one of those fuses, so just double (or triple)check them.
That's excellent, thanks. I'll let you know how it turned out.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:42 PM
92_V6_Dakota
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How I fixed my tail lights and instrumet panel lights...

Originally Posted by Skoodles
sounds to me like your using the wrong ground wire. i have heard of people doing this using say like a brown wire for ground instead wich would cause it pop fuse for dash lights and also running tail lights. make sure you still got tail light. not talking about brake but the running tails.
<BR><BR>My tail lights and my instrument panel lights quick working after I had a new stereo installed at the local stereo store.<BR><BR>I FOUND THE FIX:<BR><BR>The stereo store grounded the stereo to a hot wire. The hooked the stereo ground to a Black/Yellow "Hot Wire" Lucky it didn't fry my stereo. The stereo ground didn't even need to be hooked to anything because the flat metal security cable was grounding the stereo already.<BR><BR>Needless to say that I won't be giving them anymore of my business.<BR><BR>Just wanted to let everyone know how mine was resolved, in case it might help someone else out.

Quick Reply: installed cd player. now no interior lights