1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Engine Coolant Sensor Location

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007 | 06:06 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Default RE: Engine Coolant Sensor Location

ORIGINAL: VydorScope

Okay... but the E-Fan never comes on, and I have the A/C on full time lately. So perhaps its both? The truck has served me for 170k miles with little to no trouble so I do not know much about how it works. It is only when something goes wrong you really start learning.

Mean... where did you get this clutch from and how much do they run? I think you said in another thread you paid $67, but I do not recall where you said you got it. With the E-Fan ruining it stays cool under normal driving/idling so far.

Thank you for the time your taking to answer my newb level questions! Love the truck and I plan to keep it till it has to be retired to the junk yard....
Vydor I got it from Auto Zone, Shop around for the cheapest price first though then go to Auto Zone and tell them where you can get it cheaper, they'll call and as long as it's the same warranty they'll give it to you for the lowest price. Hell if you had both fans go out I would give this e-fan a shot man. It will cost you less than buying 2 fans, save you gas, and give you back some power...

Old 05-03-2022 | 05:14 PM
Charmingly
Default 2003 dodge Durango

I have already replaced my fan clutch but still running hot sitting idling or going slow

Old 05-03-2022 | 06:28 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by Charmingly
I have already replaced my fan clutch but still running hot sitting idling or going slow
Oh come on, this thread is FIFTEEN years old. It's almost old enough to drive itself. Start your own thread, tell us what you drive, what the problem is, and what steps (if any) you have taken to correct it.

Quick Reply: Engine Coolant Sensor Location