1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

computer

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 07:57 PM
bgibbons
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default computer

how can i tell if my computer has been swaped?i had my truck at the shop again still fighting over the p0743 with the trans shop they are still saying that itis the pcm and not their tranny thats bad,but anyway when i got home i was looking under the hood and noticed that my pcm bolts were lose how can i tell this is mine and not one the car lot just stuck in there,they tried to give me a pcm out of a jeep before i know the one from the jeep would work if it was flashed but i know that they are not able to flash them,what would happen if they didn't flash it?

Old 07-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Durango911
Professional
Default RE: computer

I would make sure the solenoids in the trans. are good. I think Snap-on scanners can do a trans test on them. I doubt it has anything to do with your PCM, but that can also be tested. I looked around and all I could find was:

"DTC P0743 indicates "Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) Solenoid Circuit". This DTC is set when an open or shorted condition is detected in the torque converter clutch solenoid control circuit. Most likely it is a bad TCC solenoid but it can also be a problem with the wiring or ignition switch."

Old 07-18-2007, 02:47 PM
scustoms
Default RE: computer

From experience...if the PCM was had been switched and not flashed your truck could just shut down, our alarm went off for no reason and it would "buck" and die as you come to a stop. The dealership said they could tell if it was not the original. We just had ours reflashed.

Quick Reply: computer